Google puts up 'Beware of malware' signs

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Article

2. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Cool. That's interesting news, Ron. Sounds like that will make surfing a little bit safer. :thumb:

3. TNT

TNT Registered Member

I've seen this news all over the globe and I still haven't seen a Google "beware of malware" sign while acceding through Google to winfixer.com, errorguard.com, kazaa.com, winhound.com, razespyware.com. All "malware" or "badware" distributing sites. After this, I gave up. Who are they trying to fool? So far Google has done nothing.

4. racketeer66

racketeer66 Registered Member

Yeap. I's a loud PR-campaign. Google is nagging U to use "Safe Browsing" by Google which has only one goal: Tracking and profiling...
    That said whole campaign seems reasonable - they collect an enormous amount of data caliming: "We need it in order to make Internet a better place!"
    Google is becoming Microsoft. Maybe Googlesoft:) or Microogle...

5. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

I was wondering where the signs had come from. I thought Google had somehow installed something in my browsers.

6. racketeer66

racketeer66 Registered Member

Maybe in AppInitDLL, like Google Desktop has, in my case (I allowed it.)
    Here (Autoruns)
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Appinit_Dlls C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLLGoogle Desktop (Not verified) Google c:\program files\google\google desktop search\googledesktopnetwork3.dll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.