Google Power Meter

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Searching_ _ _, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Google Power Meter

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

3. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

I don't have to worry about someone checking my power bill to see that I'm growing weed.
    My grow lamps are segregated from the power companies system. :D
    FLEER can't see under ground or through mylar. :cool:

I wouldn't use the Google Power Meter.
    The more things that get moved to online is just shifting knowledge and putting it into others hands that don't need it.

4. tesk

tesk Registered Member

That would be like - the whole world...

5. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Nice idea, but you do not need Google to do it for you. I have reduced energy usage at least by half just by using similar meter and by searching on google, lol. Replaced standard light bulbs for halogen (5x reduction, eg 20W for 100W, the same luminosity) and I look forward for LED lights to improve. I ditched a PC for a notebook (from 300-400W to 50-70W along with external devices). I set TV to medium power saving mode (180W to 120W), all I needed was to dimm windows to have the same quality and it actually helps eyes as well as reducing brightness and contrast on monitor to 50%. Next step was simple, just to buy quality products, which take less energy, like a big fridge, which costs only a little more, but takes 0,85kW per hour instead of 1,95kW like similar others and that is it. The Earth is saved and my electricity bill as well. :D

6. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Google wants even more data to cross reference us with = :thumbd: Count me out :p

@ TOMxEU

It's great to save $ :thumb: but you don't need to worry about CO2 etc, as it's been PROVED to be a Big fat lie. See my sig for the real truth, and who/why etc.

By the way, did you mean fluorescent lamps ? - https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lamp

7. TairikuOkami

Yes, fluorescent lamps, my bad. :oops:

About CO2, I read about it as well, but whenever it is true or not, it does not really matter, because we will run out of resources within a few decades anyway. ;)
    But just to add, there are falling temperature records since they started to measure them, in my country, there is no longer spring or autumn and so on, but who knows?!

8. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

;)

It is TRUE.

That's what "They" want us to believe so they can always keep jacking up $ = Ripoff :thumbd:

That's the key question when did they start to measure and by who with what data etc etc. All the answers are in my sig link.

There is NO global warming, it's a massive $ making scam by Proven fraudsters, some Very prominent ones. If anything we're heading for another ice age :( Wonder what $ scams They'll come up with for that ?

9. TairikuOkami

I know, it is closing the end of mayan calendar, sun will reach its solar cycle in that time and according to NASA, there might a polar shift, but this does not belong here. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.