Google Play services error

Discussion in 'mobile device security' started by BlackHawk1, Feb 24, 2018.

1. BlackHawk1

BlackHawk1 Registered Member

I recently received a message on my Android phone that said "Google Play services error. Messages is having trouble with Google Play services. Please try again." Then it says "This app won't work properly unless you allow Google Play services request to access the following: Body sensors

I didn't change any setting to have that happen that I'm aware of. Should I leave this as is? I honestly don't know much about this. Thank you!

2. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

Body sensors? What does that mean?

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

4. tess8629

tess8629 Registered Member

JRViejo, that is outdated information. My errors are just now happening and I can't send or receive messages. I went through the process in the link you posted just to see if anything would happen and it didn't Any other thoughts by chance?

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

tess8629, first, welcome to Wilders!

While the info I provided is more than a year old, they are the most current details available that I could find, and as far as I can tell, Google still has not provided a fix for this issue. I don't have any other details I can offer, sorry.

Here's more info on Google Play Services: https://fossbytes.com/google-play-services-necessity/

6. tess8629

tess8629 Registered Member

JRViejo, Thank you! I have been researching it and also found no help. I guess I'll have to go in to the store and see if they can fix it. It started that my messages were not being received, then this started popping up. Now I can't send... hmmm...

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

tess8629, you're welcomed!

If you are so kind, after they have repaired it, come back and post a solution for the benefit of others with similar issues. Take care.

8. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

I disabled Google play services in my phone along with all the other google apps, it runs better without them hogging my RAM all the time and if I had a messaging app that demanded access to body sensors, that would be the next one to go.
    Also I dump apps that continue running after I close them unless there is a good reason like for example, a firewall app.
    My suspicion is, apps that have no actual exit button and continue running for no good reason are gathering info in some way.
    That's why firefox had to go.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.