Google plans to double Gmail capacity (2gb)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkymonkeyboy

funkymonkeyboy Registered Member

You are currently using 4 MB (0%) of your 2058 MB

yeehaa

2. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

just though id chip in my 2 cents

to start I have to say that I agree with dumb Google idea view

yeah having 2 GB of storage space is cool but realistically speaking who actually needs that kind of space for email ?? simple answer almost no one the only reason that most would need that kind of space is if they where using it as an online file store. which google say they discourage

the other question you need to ask your self here is what do google get out of it o_O I mean I know the price of storage had come down but it still costs money and how much do you think its going to cost when millions of users are using 2 GB and up of storage space think about it for a min

there has to be a catch google has to be geting somthing out of this theres no such thing as a free lunch

The first catch I see is the invasion of privacy element reading my privet email for any reason what so ever is un-acceptable

think about it like this how would you feel if the mail man delivered your mail opened I should think you would be very quickly going down to the post office to find out what there playing at

What google is doing is no different if for instance I happen to send my girl friend an intermit email I don't want some sleazy guy at gmail reading it if you see what I'm saying

so I'm my opinion google should be condemned for there invasion of people privacy by reading there email its despicable

if google really what to be rise the bar so to speak then in addition to the huge space they offer they should set up a system like hush mail that is completely privet and secure even from there staff

if thay really wanted to be forerunners in web mail then they would work out how to crate self decrypting emails so that I could send encrypted email to people and have they able to read it even if there email provider has no decryption function

see that's the only limitation with hush mail you cant send secure email to people that aren't using hush mail

if google could work this out then they would really have a service worth using and I'm shore that they would have millions of users within days of being opened publicly

3. funkymonkeyboy

funkymonkeyboy Registered Member

You can still attach an encrypted file to your email if you want privacy, doh! Which I would recommend anyway if you dont want people to look at your emails. I think hotmail etc probably look at your emails anyway. Just think what might happen on a boring nightshift working there. So no email is safe cos it travels on the web. So just enjoy the 2GB and relax. Google are working hard. I for one will never complain at getting 2GB free account. They should be praised not slated. They showed inititive and led the way. Yahoo, hotmail and other can only try to follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.