google images.. missing? google blocking me?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by feindy, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feindy

feindy Guest

I was looking at images (i wont say what, since it's kind of obvious) and then all of a sudden all images on images.google.com are blank, all of them! i tried the same search in opera and tey are there, but in firefox they've gone missing, i cleared cached, cleared everything reopened firefox and the images are still blank, even the logo, i go to other search google is just fine.. what the heck, even alltheweb.com works.. im uisng customize google extension could that be it because it stop "suddenly", but it was working seconds ago :(

2. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

If you can access the images in Opera from the same PC then it isn't Google blocking you. Have you tried removing your custom firefox extension to see if that cures it?

If that doesn't work, launch Firefox from the Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Firefox (Safe Mode) shortcut since that disables all extensions and may help you find out where the problem lies.

3. feindy

feindy Guest

i already tried safemode same problem (safemode= all extnesion disabled) :( tried it on a different profile.. it works., i dont know what could have gone wrong, what else could i do, i used a backup copy of pref.js still no go.

4. DANG!

DANG! Guest

I feel stupid!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I accidently blocked images.google.com with firefox's default image blocker!!!! damn i feel incredibly stupid!!! all this trouble and i didn't look there, that should of been the first place to look, firefox just owned my soul!!!

5. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

Hmm, been there, done that... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.