I was trying to save a few files in Google Docs. No problems with two of them, but a third just refused to save. After doing a bit of reading, I'm suspecting the "line ending" may have something to do with it. Using "file", I see Code: MyLinks.html: HTML document text user.action: ASCII text SimpleBlock.ini: ASCII text, with CRLF, LF line terminators I opened each of the files in Geany, copied the contents and pasted into blank Google documents. The first two saved without problems. The third just wouldn't save (using Firefox or Chrome). It gave trouble even if I copied from gedit. Then, I opened it in LibreOffice: copying and pasting from there gave no problem. I'm going to look at this some more tomorrow. Weird.