Google Chrome Sound 5.1

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Infected, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Infected

Infected Registered Member

When I use Google Chrome to play videos, my 5.1 center speaker doesn't work. But when I use Waterfox or IE, all of my speakers work fine. Is there a setting in Chrome to fix this? Or has anyone else had this problem before? For this reason I've stopped using Chrome.

Regards

2. Rules

Rules Registered Member

This should work :

Install Adobe flash player plugin as standalone, if you don't have the schockwave palyer plugin then install the slim version.

After in Google Chrome type Chrome://plugins in the adress bar, click on +details on the right, and disable the one that has "pepflashplayer.dll". Close and reopen Chrome.

Rules.

3. Infected

Thanks Rules,

I've tried this before, because I was having video stuttering, but didn't seem to help. SysWow is Enabled, but Pepflash is disabled.

4. Rules

Rules Registered Member

Arrrghh! sorry that didn't work, have you ever try to add to the Chrome shortcut properties (target section) this:
    --disable-audio-output-resampler, should look like : C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-audio-output-resampler.

Or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-audio-output-resampler --try-supported-channel-layouts

Rules.

5. Infected

I'll give that a shot and let you know.