Google Chrome showing items unprotected but won't protect

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by highstream, Oct 20, 2021.

1. highstream

highstream Registered Member

Current free version of Spyware Blaster (Win 10). Google Chrome shows seven items unprotected: Zeus x 6 and FakeWarn. When I check them and click on Protect Against Checked Items, those seven lose their checks, as if nothing had happened. What's the problem? Thanks,

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Can you please try to uncheck all of the Google Chrome protection options, and then re-check them?

What other browser protections do you have enabled? Is Google Chrome the only one showing an issue?

3. highstream

Given that there's probably close to 400 items under Chrome, that's not really practical. Instead, I completely uninstalled SB with Revo Pro, rebooted and downloaded and installed the program again. There are now 23 items under Chrome that aren't enabled. Here's a screenshot.

SpywareBlaster Google Chrome problem.JPG

4. highstream

After what looked like a fix on your end soon after Nov 6, everything was ok, but it's back again with Google Chrome. This time it's 11 items unchecked after enabling all protection. They are all PUP scripts, listed as (23)-(33).

Spyware Blaster Google Chrome PUP scripts disabled.JPG Spyware Blaster Google Chrome screen.JPG

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

In order to either deselect or select all items, right-click on the Customize the Block List area and you'll find a menu that allows you to do that in one easy step.

SpywareBlaster deselect all.jpg

6. highstream

Still 11. Didn't get a context menu for Customize the Block List. I tried two other ways: 1) disabling, then reenabling protection for all browsers in the Protection Status window, and 2) right clicking an the empty PUP, Select All, then Protect Against Checked Items. In the first case, still 11 for Chrome, and in the second, the same PUP script boxes became unchecked.

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

You don't just "get" a context menu, you have to right-click the block list in order for it to appear.

8. highstream

Page42: Don't you think that someone who knows what a context menu is-- you didn't name it -- would know how to get there?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  9. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

When the program developer tells you to "uncheck all of the Google Chrome protection options, and then re-check them" and you respond with, "Given that there's probably close to 400 items under Chrome, that's not really practical", my assumption is that you don't know everything. But I realize now that you do know everything, and I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am that I tried to assist you.

10. highstream

@Page42. It's time for you to move along.

11. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

I meant the two protection options:
    "Cookie Protection"
    and
    "Script Protection"

(Not all of the items under "Customize the Block List" individually. Unchecking those two items will uncheck everything under the block list.)

Please try:
    1.) Start by ensuring that Google Chrome is fully quit
    2.) Uncheck those two options under "Google Chrome Protection" (mentioned above)
    3.) Quit SpywareBlaster
    4.) Reboot your computer
    5.) Then re-open SpywareBlaster and try re-enabling those two options.
    6.) And only then re-open Google Chrome

12. highstream

To be clear, this is about unchecked 11 PUP Script that came up recently, not what I reported in the OP. That said, your fix worked. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.