Google Chrome overtakes Internet Explorer as the Web’s most used browser

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hungry Man, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsast42

Tsast42 Registered Member

LMAO!

2. guest

guest Guest

LOL That's very interesting! I never noticed such members here. What other forums do you frequent? Could you give any real examples? Some names, maybe?

Don't forget to name the company as well!

Thanks.

3. guest

guest Guest

Please, please, refute in a civil manner what I posted here. Stop with laughable evasions and conspiracy theories. I'm waiting anxiously.

4. GODFATHA

GODFATHA Registered Member

Google Chrome is a great browser but in order for them to capture the IE users they will have to do some heavy promoting.

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Heavier than they are already? o_O

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Ever since Chrome became a player, it has created a very competitive environment where IE and Firefox were forced to improve to keep up with Chrome's extraordinary ascent in popularity. I've always been an unashamed supporter of Chrome although it is a win-win situation for everybody as all browsers have improved enormously in terms of speed and security.

7. Tsast42

It has been good for spurring competition, although I'd sooner developers would focus on matching the security improvements rather than its deficiencies such as sparseness and silly update numbers.

8. Daveski17

My prediction for Chrome is that it will evolve eventually to have no GUI whatsoever & will upgrade itself automatically every tenth of a second.

9. Tsast42

Hahaha!!

10. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Apparently it is perfectly fine to post misleading thread titles as long as they favor MS. Here's one - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=323698

11. guest

guest Guest

@link - There's nothing misleading in those numbers. They are accurate and pretty much everyone agrees that Windows Phone is faster. There are many technical reasons behind that. BTW, we are getting off topic.

12. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

No but anyone with any idea of how Java/C++ works will see that they're presented in a really... "iffy" way.

I agree. I have 0 interest in discussion on that or I'd take it to that topic - anyone who does feel like continuing should take it there.

edit: And I do consider the title misleading, which is why I have stated that it should not be taken as the word of god in the first post.

13. guest

guest Guest

Nice.

14. Daveski17

How about this as a new title for the thread:

"Google Chrome possibly overtakes Internet Explorer as the Web’s most used browser but probably hasn't as the statistics to prove it are a tad suspect & almost certainly flawed in a variety of ways & so probably never will."

15. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Smells flame war again. :D

16. Hungry Man

I'll consider it. For now I think what I've written will have to do.

17. Daveski17

Put that light out!:eek:

18. Daveski17

Yeah, my alternative title just doesn't seem to trip off the tongue anyway. ;)

19. acr1965

The numbers reflect a bunch of throw away phones exchanged for $25 gift cards. The title suggests otherwise. That's why the title is misleading. You may think otherwise, but a history of your posts shows that you are very much pro-Microsoft. How many pro-MS threads will you start today? It seems you average about 2-3 pro-Microsoft threads started per day.

20. guest

guest Guest

Can you prove that?

The title simply repeats the reported numbers of the promotion which are in accordance with the reality. Even if "the numbers reflected a bunch of throw away phones" (which is a false proposition, a fruit of your imagination and/or extrapolation of some example), the numbers would still be in accordance with the reality.

No, it isn't. You didn't explain anything.

So what? I post about things of my interest. Microsoft-related news/articles happen to be one of those things. And Microsoft is in the news everyday! :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
  21. Hungry Man

Everyone knows a Windows phone will be faster than an Android phone.

Anyone who understands how Java works should see why for about a thousand different reasons.

22. guest

guest Guest

"Everyone"?? Really? Are you kidding, right?

And everyone understands Java, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

23. Hungry Man

Yes, I mean everyone with Java experience. Got distracted.

24. acr1965

This thread on slickdeals.net had over 1.6 million hits and is essentially about how to trade in a crappy phone for a $25 gift card.
    http://slickdeals.net/f/4120241-FRE...Only-Smoked-by-Windows-Phone-thru-May-10-2012

Yes, you post about MS every day. Usually multiple times per day. But when anyone has anything negative to say about MS you jump in and start defending MS - no matter what the topic is, MS is always right in your posts. That's your right to post as you wish. But you are very pro MS and it shows on a daily basis and has went on for months.

25. Hungry Man

I don't think anyone will disagree tht SPP is bias for whatever reason. Doesn't make anything he says less correct, just means that he's going to argue more aobut it lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.