Google Chrome mouse over popups ?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Ocky, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Now have 3 browsers as I have just added Chrome (stable). I rather like it and noted that the Resource Tracker was disabled by default. Very stable.
    One thing is however irritating viz. the mouse-over popups. In Firefox and Opera these are easily disabled - but how does one get rid of them in Chrome ? Probably not possible as Google has no answers.
    There are some nice themes ... I selected this one: (Not my actual resolution)

Chrome.png

2. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Observation: Quite a bit slower than Opera 10.10 due to lousy adblocking scenario.
    Also I find Opera a lot faster when loading multiple pages (sessions in Opera). Apart from speed and the mouse-over issue mentioned previously Chrome has a nice minimal layout.

3. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

See your experience with Chrome and Opera reflects mine, I use adblock for Chrome but time and again, I have seen it slows some pages down drastically, some pages plain old refuse to load. Ubuntuforums is one such example where it loads fine in Opera but in Chrome it would not load from time to time.

4. cet

cet Registered Member

I tried Chromium from the repos.But it was slower than the Firefox so uninstalled it.Chromium was slower even before I added the adblock.Many ppl tell that it is faster but I do not understand.

5. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  6. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

i have Google Chrome in fedora its pretty stable i got chromium from reppo in ubuntu but it gives proxy problem in ubuntu i am going to remove it and install Google chrome today :D

from

http://www.google.com/chrome

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I'm using Google Chrome from their site in Ubuntu x64, fairly stable here also. So far no problems, and it's quite fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.