Google Chrome is in danger of becoming Windows – everyone uses it, but no one loves it

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I don't believe them.

2. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

You're absolutely right.:(

3. 142395

142395 Guest

Native File System API can be disabled on Chrome and I believe it's implemented in Vivaldi too.

4. Daveski17

Firefox is only copying Chrome superficially though. It might physically resemble it a bit but it is an entirely different browser.

5. summerheat

summerheat Registered Member

Agreed - see here.

6. Daveski17

:thumb:

In my opinion Firefox extensions are still better than Chrome overall. The mistake Mozilla made was to make Fx look like Chrome, probably in the mistaken belief that most people want something resembling Chrome. The superficial similarity in GUI seems to fool many but it is actually a very different browser. Thankfully.

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I already explained. It seems like Firefox is trying to become just as bare-bones as Chrome. Especially when it comes to tab-management. And certain extensions have either stopped working or can only offer limited functionality.

8. Daveski17

Extensions regularly stop working on all browsers though. This is primarily due to their creators not updating them or perhaps losing interest in maintaining them. Mine all work fine.

Screenshot from 2019-10-05 15-57-18.png

Firefox only superficially resembles Chrome and has far more functionality. Including an inbuilt reader that rivals, if not betters, Safari's reader. Firefox's GUI may not be as customisable as it once was, but to describe it as 'bare bones' is an overstatement IMO.

Screenshot from 2019-10-05 16-00-23.png

You are using an up to date version on a supported OS right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.