Google Chrome extensions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Saraceno, Jan 17, 2010.

1. guest

guest Guest

Web Security Guard (http://www.websecurityguard.com/privacy.aspx#2
    They record private information:
    "Personally identifiable information is collected if it is necessary to provide the Services. For example, when you visit our websites, performance and usage information (such as search term, time of day, browser type, default language setting, IP address, an anonymous unique ID, etc.) will be transmitted to us for evaluation. This information does not personally identify you."
    Browser Defender (this one should be similar to Norton Safe Web since PcTools and Norton are the same company)
    Compete (it's an advertising company they record private information)

2. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/25105

Right click on the "install" button and save as, and then drag 'n' drop the script on Chrome's extension page

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Just came across this one: Privacyfix by Privacychoice

URL: -https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pmejhjjecaldkllonlokhkglbdbkdcni/details

I haven't tried it, yet. But, by reading the info, it may be interesting to check it out.

5. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Hello, I'm thinking of trying Chromium, actually the Yandex Browser to be exact.
    And I wanted to know if I can have my equivalent add-ons in Firefox or with the same functions with the add-ons for Chrome.

These are the ones I'm using in Firefox
    -Adblock Plus (Adblock Plus is also in Chrome)
    -NoScript (Any suggestions?)
    -RequestPolicy (Any suggestions?)
    -LastPass (I guess it's already supported in Chrome)
    -Redirect Cleaner (Any suggestions?)
    -Cookie Monster (Any suggestions?)
    -FlagFox (I'm taking advantage of it's "actions", would be glad if there is a Chrome alternative, though not that important)
    -Calomel SSL Validation (I doubt there is a Chrome version with the same function)
    -Smart Referrer

6. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Only loaded up chrome for the first time. Still all at sea with it.

Q: Can I make 'delete cookies' a quicker easier chore?

7. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

8. m00nbl00d

There's ScriptNo, but far from working flawlessly. It may allow scripts the first time you visit a website, which is the time that matters.

KISS Privacy should be what you're looking for.

9. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Thanks, I'll go read about them :D

10. tlu

tlu Guest

Have you found any confirmation that Vanilla also deletes site data (aka web storage)? I'm not sure it does.

Having said that, I don't use it anymore. Rather, I chose "Keep cookies and site data by default until you quit your browser" and "Block only third-oarty cookies" in the Chrome settings as outlined here. And I added two or three websites as exceptions. Good enough for me.

11. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

Hey guys, anyone knows what happened to smooth gestures??

I reinstalled my chrome and couldn't find that extension any more, not even in chrome store!!

12. m00nbl00d

There was an issue with the extension and its developer - tracking users without their knowledge. Google removed it from Chrome Web Store.

But, this happened sometime ago, and after the developer solved the issue, it was reintroduced back in Chrome Web Store (I actually disliked the fact Google allowed it to get back in!). So, without doing any research (I'm not really interested.), either the developer removed it, or Google removed it for good?

13. bonedriven

Good to know that! Thanks. Any alternative to recommend? Can't live without gestures nowadays!

14. m00nbl00d

I'm not aware of alternatives; I never really used such kind of extension. But, if you search for gestures in Chrome Web Store, you'll get a few hints, and maybe you'll find a similar extension.

Sorry for not being more helpful. Maybe someone else is aware of a similar extension.

15. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

You can still use it if you like.
    -http://code.google.com/p/smoothgestures-chromium/downloads/detail?name=gesturesplugin-0.8.crx&can=2&q=
    Download it and then drag'n'drop it on Chrome's extension page (if this is actually the extension that you're talking about lol)

16. Morro

Morro Registered Member

17. m00nbl00d

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  18. tlu

tlu Guest

I like the Privacy Manager. In Firefox you can automatically delete, e.g., the browser cache or your browsing history on close - that's not possible in Chrome. However, with Privacy Manager you can delete this data automatically on startup. Nice.

19. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I think it is completely wrong that Chrome won't allow this setting.
    Users shouldn't have to install an extension to have these privacy functions take place. :thumbd:

20. m00nbl00d

I've been wondering that for quite sometime now. o_O It's one of the things I still don't get why they haven't added it to Google Chrome, yet. o_O

Then again, I've also been wondering, also for a long time, why no built-in adblock/tracking protection mechanism. :D

21. mantra

mantra Registered Member

is there a spead dial like opera?
    maybe i'm off topic ,but there are many ,but no cool like opera
    thanks

22. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

"transmitted to them for evaluation?"
    Sounds a bit dubious to be honest.:shifty:

23. m00nbl00d

I haven't checked if there's any, but a few days ago user Kees1958 mentioned a nice trick: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2123207&postcount=10

Hopefully, this would be within what you're looking for. It seems to require the user to run Chrome in normal browsing mode (that is, not browsing in Incognito).

24. bonedriven

25. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

Anybody knows if (and how) we can edit the manifest.json file so that the favicon covers the whole thumbnail? And also to change the title. For example from
    -http://www.wilderssecurity.com to, let's say, just Wilders

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.