Go straight to JAIL

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by controler, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

2. LokiLoki

LokiLoki Guest

Leave the best for themselves. :cool:
    and show the world they are doing something. :p

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I've always wondered about that myself.. If they work for the good guys after they made some evil worm, apparently they will are immune. Go figure

4. rawr

rawr Registered Member

Juvenile jail is nothing compared to even a minimum-security jail.

..he might even get a job after he gets out..and it must suck that he can't use the net for 2 years. :(

5. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Not that I know anything about hacking...but wouldn't a real hacker, who's after something big...cover his tracks with a lot of proxies (including RAT'd proxies) from around the world...and make it so that their RAT'd proxies wiped their data after a few days ?

The other thing, from that news article, looks like the company that got hacked did the investigation, and presented the evidence to the FBI...all that would be left is for the FBI to verify it all.

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

That's pretty much what I was thinking, the real hackers are going to know more about how not get caught.. teenage hackers aren't going to be as cautious. Seasoned paid professionals will always be better, no matter what field.

7. controler

controler Guest

Hello

My point was not the level of experteise but rather the GOV going after teens and the publicity around it all.

Listen carfully. The GOV is not very stupid at all but they have all the B U cratic bullshit to swollow thru.
    They can catch the real crooks but what I am asking is why they chose to let out the stupid s--- of catthing a teen. and not oh yes WE caught a real baddie but decided to hire his ass.

I tell ya, when I drink I get ornery.

8. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

True pro hackers know how to cover their tracks (These are rarely caught and perhaps are never detected, meaning companies don't know they've been hacked). There are those hackers that are skilled, but don't know when not to hack. (These are those that are caught; EG, Kevin Mitnick). Then there are the script kiddies who are poorly skilled and can't cover their butts at all. (These are caught).

It's like a pyramid...the top hackers at the top (fewest in number, highest in skill), and the script kiddies who make up the bottom (largest in number, lowest in skill)

9. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

More than likely it's a PR thing...see we can catch hackers.

Many Govt's hold a particular view when it comes to security ie. it doesn't matter whether or not people are in fact safe...just so long as they feel safe.

The second part of the PR thing is...everyone knows we have a problem (ie hackers)...now see, we are doing something about it ! After all, a govt that doesn't do anything about a problem is seen to be ignoring the problem.

Also, positive publicity helps public servants get promotions...fills in their resume's etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.