GMT -4 or GMT -5 ???

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Rmus, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

It's not consistent here o_O

Sometimes is GMT -5.

-rich

Attached Files:

2. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Other times it's GMT -4. :mad:

-rich

Attached Files:

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Obviously, different members are going to see different time zones based upon their settings in their member profiles.

Actually, you need to decide on the time zone in your profile. You are listed there as "Automatically detect DST settings" = "Yes", but, you have not confirmed the setting... "Is DST currently in effect" = "No". That means you may be blocking scripting here, so it never confirms, or you have not responded to the query.

If you like, I'll answer that question for you, and let the forum know that you accept the change to daylight savings time. Otherwise, you will always see variations in the time zone setting.

Attached Files:

5. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

I couldn't find anything in Profiles, but I found a time zone setting in Options, but it doesn't look like what you displayed. I changed mine to GMT -8 and checked accordingly. Will this stick??!! :cool:

Attached Files:

6. LowWaterMark

The screen shot I posted was from the Admin interface, and it showed that you had never actually set a time zone in your profile before since you were set to the forum's default (Eastern Time Zone) even though you are actually in CA, ie. PST (PDT). Now that you've set a specific time zone, yes, it should stick.

This is the view from the Admin interface on your profile's time zone setting since you adjusted it, which is correct since it is your time zone, and it shows that daylight savings time is in effect (which it is, of course).

Attached Files:

7. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

I see that now. thanks :cool:

-rich

8. LowWaterMark

Of course, one other thing folks need to keep in mind is that when they view the forum while "logged out" (ie. not signed into their member name where their profile settings are effective), they will see the default time zone from the server. (The server is located in the Eastern time zone and is currently showing GMT -04:00 to guests.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.