gmail doesnt work with ghostsurf

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by WSFuser, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

currently i have firefox linked to proxomitron linked to ghostsurf but gmail wont work. i added gmail.com and mail.google.com to the special sites list in ghostsurf and i also added those two sites to the bypass and no proxy lists in proxomitron. in addition, gmail works with proxomitron alone. any ideas?

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

The proxy would have to support secure connections, which I don't think all of them do. Proxo will at least pass them on, although you can get the DLLs to make it actually filter that traffic.

3. Arup

Arup Guest

You will need Stunnel to make GMAIL work through a proxy.

4. WSFuser

well ghostsurf causes too many problems for me so once again, ill have to ditch it.

5. tester54

tester54 Guest

Just curious, have you tried with just GS and not Proxo?

6. WSFuser

yes, but then other sites, in particular this forum, didnt work. gmail would work then however.

7. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

Is it not a cookie related problem?

8. WSFuser

im not sure, all i know is that when using ghostsurf most all pages dont work. either i get some 404 message or it loads the wrong page (maybe a bizarre cache problem??) in either case, i dont need ghostsurf i just thought itd be neat if i could use it. and if it matter i disabled adarmor and i only set ghostsurf (privacy control center) to reroute my internet data. no cookie blocking and no data encryption

9. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

WSFuser,

I use GS Pro and have no problem accessing Wilders Security Forum. Does Wilders show up in your GS Window as a visited website? I can't even find it in mine by selecting the Privacy Center, select Actions button, select radio button for Selected Sites, select Select button, and check if Wilders is in the scrolled list of websites.

I'd suggest clearing the visited websites by using right-click GS icon on system tray and selecting GhostWipe, check the box GhostSurf Internals and then the Run box. Start by checking Block Personal Information, then try to visit Wilders.

-- Tom

10. WSFuser

i think GS pro is different or an older version of ghostsurf platinum because i dont recall those settings or option. either way i imaged my drive due to internet problems and i may or may not consider spending some time troubleshooting ghostsurf (first installing it of course).

11. ZGeist

ZGeist Guest

I tried GhostSurf once and it actually used transparent proxies so my IP was forwarded? Does it still do this?

12. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi ZGeist,

GhostSurf Pro uses port 7212 as a proxy for localhost, 127.0.0.1. You can select websites and allow everything, block everything, block personal information, hide everything, route traffic to these sites through anonymous hubs, block popups, and route traffic directly. It uses tunneling.

If you route through anonymous hubs, of course your IP gets forwarded so they can route traffic back to you from whatever website you are trying to visit which only knows about the anonymous hub IP.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.