Giving another try---About Firewall

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by claudiu, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

We keep going round and round in circles with this. It has been said the AV-only version had the firewall helper before; you just didn't see it so, by that definition, it was not and never was AV-only even then. ;) It's semantics. You now have visibility. If you don't want that, turn it off.

Now can we end this? Webroot are not going to change this anytime soon. You either:

1. accept there was a firewall helper previously with no UI available, but now there is.

2. learn to use the firewall helper via the UI or disable it.

3. forget the product completely if it bothers you that much.

2. guest

guest Guest

Don't you worry about my opinion
    you have yours
    I have mine
    I'm sure you will lose no sleep over it
    I will not either

3. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Let's leave it at that then, and we'll all sleep soundly. :)

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

FYI - even if we had an option to "not install" the firewall, it would still be there in the code, taking up about 8KB as it's all in the same binary. All that it would do is hide the tab and disable it.

If that's really something that people want, then we can look into doing it... but know that the exact same monitoring will still be there 24/7 as it uses the exact same code for its behavior monitoring, so you would have literally a 0% change in performance and a 0% change in disk space.

5. guest

guest Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.