Giveaway of the Day - Cleanse Uninstaller Pro 5

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Less, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Less

Less Registered Member

Giveaway of the Day - Cleanse Uninstaller Pro 5

anyone try it?

2. Fontaine

Fontaine Registered Member

I tried it. Two things I noticed right away:

I used the activate.exe file yet each time I loaded the software I received the notice that it would expire on 19May2009.

When I loaded the program, it only detected half of the installed programs that Revo Uninstaller detected.

That being said, I did not test it out by removing programs, and did not play with the options to tweak the software. I simply uninstalled it (with Revo, haha), because Revo seems like a better option. Not a thorough test by any means, but first impression wasn't too positive considering other free alternatives out there.

3. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Fontaine i was having the same problem on my brother notebook (VISTA ),when i try to activate te program............
    on my notebook with Win XP its all ok.

4. Fontaine

Fontaine Registered Member

Thanks lunaticdreams, I'll give it a shot on my XP system and see how it works.

5. Steven Avery

Steven Avery Registered Member

Hi Folks,

Note that on the thread.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/cleanse-uninstaller-pro-5/
    Giveaway of the Day - Cleanse Uninstaller Pro 5 - April 19.2009

There is a fair amount of discussion, a bit unspecific at times, about whether this program changes any dates (Creation, Modified, Last Access) of files. A number of folks say so about the creation date, but a couple of folks say otherwise, one says that while Revo shows the "creation date" differently, it is not changed in Explorer's properties. Some of the confusion may be because of the multiple dates that are accessible.

Also there is one unconfirmed report that Cleanse Uninstaller places its own registry entry in with each installed program. If so, it should be checked if Revo makes it easy to delete those entries on uninstall (either of the program which got the entry or of Cleanse Uninstall itself).

I can only give the most salient concerns here. Since the program as discussed appears to be weaker than the freeware Revo Uninstaller and there is a date-changing concern that would make me want to do an image and/or system restore -- I have not spent any time trying the install myself.

Shalom,
    Steven Avery

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.