Give me a AV, or give me death.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Now I gotcha. The interaction is a fun and thrilling learning process that can be enjoyed by people that want to learn about security. With virtualization software, you are in a sense, null & void.

Ice

2. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Oh geez, if McAfee goes up bigtime in detection, I have wasted some money on security. :(

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I am having the same experience it works then does not seem to work correctly.As much as I like geswall its starting to become annoying.

4. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

You were having withdrawls, probably from going cold turkey after a long addiction. You might want to consider substitution therapy. Cigarette smokers have used pencils in place of a smoke. In your case, you might try substituting looking through a firewall log.

If the interaction is what you miss, configuring a classic HIPS should give you lots of it. IMO, they're a better teacher in regards to how an OS really works. I must have traveled a different circle. I started with one security suite, switched to separate components, then loaded my system with multiple AVs and AS scanners, plus a couple of firewalls. Now I run 3 security apps. It's very rare when any of them prompt me unexpectedly. I just don't need for my security apps to create any excitement. Must be getting old if I can appreciate boredom.

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Ok I need to reinforce my previous statement and simply say 80% of the people here need to seek SERIOUS HELP! the other 20% should simply help them find that help! o_O

6. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

I did like the way GW worked and before i even thought about getting vista 64 i allready knew i was going to turn off native security and replace it with my own. Had to turn off uac to succesfully install FEAR and not letting it mess with Xfire so it stays off but i have only trialed GW once and it had to go cus it harassed me with alerts too much, am not talking about the ussual needed ones but fake attack alerts such as for WL messenger. Do not appreciate it at all when security product try to scare me when its not needed. Ill scare myself thank you :D

7. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

LOL,Is there a Good Head Shrink Dr in the houseo_O

8. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

DrPhil here whats happenin brotha?

9. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I talked to Dr Web. but he failed to detect my Illness I tried trend micro but all they wanted to do was give me some PC Cillen. next was Dr Norton. but I managed to see him before he was re-enginerd and all he seemd to do was slow me down. the list goes on and on but unfortantly All I got was a o_O then when I got the bill I was like :eek:

As this topic / Thread has no point or purpose it seems very hard to go off topic. so if I some how manage. Admin please have mercy on me. as we know no better. :'( and this thred needs to be closed. :rolleyes:

10. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Granted.

Thread closed.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.