Ghostwall - rule for entire network ? PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by DuDDo, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuDDo

DuDDo Guest

How to set an rule, for allowing traffic for entire network. For example my network is 192.168.0.0/28 (so network mask is 255.255.255.240). How to set an apropriate rule in GhostWall o_O I have tried to enter "192.168.0.0/28" into an RemoteIP text box but it doesn't work. And entering "192.168.0.*" is not what I need.

Is there any other way to write that rule o_O

2. DuDDo

DuDDo Guest

No one can help ? :-( :-( :-(

3. Brinn

Brinn Registered Member

4. DuDDo

DuDDo Guest

Thanx a lot.

But I think that CHX is one of firewalls which have forgotten their main role { main motto of Ghostwall :) } and also it is not free.

5. Brinn

Brinn Registered Member

CHX is free. And I don't know what you mean by CHX forgetting its main role. It's a packet filter and nothing more. If anything, it was designed with networks in mind rather than single PCs.

6. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

CHX-I also has stateful packet inspection for TCP, UPD, and ICMP :cool: . It also is lighter than Ghostwall, more configurable, and more powerful. It is also much more difficult to setup, and does NOTHING out of the box. You must be knowledgable about the internet to set it up. I love it though

Alphalutra1

7. DuDDo

DuDDo Registered Member

"CHX products are free of charge for non-profit activities by home users, students and charitable organizations." - so IT IS NOT FREE FOR EVERYONE

8. Brinn

Brinn Registered Member

Download the beta version in my link. That IS free for everyone. No registration required. That's the version I'm using. You seem to be very reluctant to try CHX, even though it's an even more pure packet filter than GhostWall. That's fine.

If you want an answer to your original question, there is no way to set a single rule in GhostWall to cover the range of IPs you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.