Ghost Security Closed on Wilders

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by G1111, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

Yes :D it helped the linux guys google the word GUI and now we actualy have some apps with it to work with :)

2. Owen

Owen Registered Member

Is there any alternative to Regdefend that is also lightweight but gets the job done?

3. Someone

Someone Registered Member

I've heard RegProt is pretty good.

4. topmoxie

topmoxie Registered Member

It is very bad when people online trust someone to come thru, it is unfortunate that these people have no recourse, What Jason did is nothing but thieving. and it is unfortunate for all including him, he had a good product and a lot of people who liked it. It is also unfornate that his site is still up and he is probably still taking money and not working at anything.

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

EQS free set to watch the registry only will do fine, same functionality as regdefend, works only faster (less CPU overhead)

6. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I would not call it thieving, the program still works. I am still using both AppDefend & RegDefend (last beta). They still work fine on my machine. I am just hoping Jason comes back and continues their development at some point.

7. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Well, then what should it be called? Misleading advertising maybe? If Jason comes back to continue updating and Wilders continues to host them, which they clearly and rightly so are not doing atm, then okay, we can maybe cut him some slack, otherwise it's shady at best.

Attached Files:

8. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

It would have been better if he made some statement here what happened rather than one day just stop posting and vanish. The website still appears to be functional. I got an automatic response back to my request for a forgotten password. I am assuming if you pay you will get a working version of AppDefend or RegDefend. My guess is there is no longer any customer support though. Anyhow I have not lost all hope for AppDefend/RegDefend and hope at some point the product(s) are continued.

9. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

Lifetime upgrade policy does not mean that a company will keep coming out with new versions :rolleyes:
    And security software products have a very limited life-span. Take a look through wilders to see what was discussed a few years ago.
    Few of those products are still being developed.

10. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Then the developer should update the site to reflect the change in policy or remove it altogether. The fact is the site gives the distinct impression to potential first-time buyers, those who are unaware of the inactivity that's occurred over the last year or so, that the product is still being actively developed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.