Ghost and Pre-boot

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by WilliamP, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have Raxco 3.21 Build 205 . To do a Ghost image do I need to Disable Pre-Boot. My understanding is that with this build I don't need to. I just want to be sure.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I never disabled Pre-boot with any Image Backup software, I used. Never had a problem with any version of FDISR either.
    Disabling Pre-boot is something from the past, long ago.

3. WilliamP

Thank you Erik. It is kind of confusing because if you click on Disable Pre-Boot it tells you that you need to disable before using any imaging software to make a bootable cpoy of you system.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Old message, never updated. THe preboot stuff is no longer in the mbr anyway, now in partition table.

5. WilliamP

Thank you guys for the info. I just had a good scare. I was doing a Ghost image to an external SATA drive and had to go somewhere. When I came home my darling wife informed me I had a problem. She had wanted to use the computer and had it messed up. The image had finished she said and I don't know what she did but it didn't look good. I managed to get things working and luckily I didn't say too much. While it was messed up I couldn't boot to a different snap shot. Now all is fine.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

ROFL. Wise to remain silent, and just fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.