Getting "Problem with Lnsfw Driver Version (error 1)"

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Gesh, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gesh

Gesh Registered Member

Hi
    I just want to mention I just update my vista to Ultimate and I was getting everytime when Lns try to start this message

Problem with Lnsfw Driver Version (error 1)

and the application just turn off, I re-install 2x and still the same.

I finally reboot and re-install over under "Safe Mode" and since no problem just hope that will be permanent fix. Just let you known.

G E S H

I will let you known if I get some error :)

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi Gesh,

Thanks for the information.

This error indicates a misalignment between the version of the DLL and the version of the lnsfw driver.
    It can happen if an old version of fwapi.dll is loaded. But I don't know how a an upgrade of Vista could cause that.

If it comes back, check the version of lnsfw.sys and fwapi.dll files, also verify if you have several fwapi.dll files on your harddisk.

Frederic

3. Gesh

Gesh Registered Member

Thanks Frederic for the reply.

It seems really stable since I reinstall under "safe Mode".

What happend is I intall Premium Vista in first time and I install 2.06 LNS and when I update to Ultmate I was able to run it until I reboot the next day. I got the warning and the application didn't want to start at all. I did remove and reinstall under safe mode and since no problem at all.

G e s h

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I got an error message a while back with the installation of the new version thats similar. It read Error 1 during the installation of LNS driver 1.25. Yet it's been running perfectly fine and comes up stealthy at the Shields Up website. I am running Windows XP...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.