get about half way through pcflank exploit and...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zfactor, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

my modem / router resets itseld turns off and them i have to wait for it to start up again. what would cause this?? i thought it might be the beta kerio but i uninstalled it and tried it w/o software firewall and did the same thing?? any ideas thanks

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

The test may involve something your modem/router did not like or could not handle appropriately causing it to reset. If the vendor has a support forum/e-mail you could ask if this is known issue and check for firmware updates.

Your software firewall should not be a factor here. Your modem/router should be dealing with all unsolicited inbound traffic.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. zfactor

according to westell this is the most current version, this was a known issue in the past but the new version was supposed to fix that. there is no updated firmware for this model according to westell it is the most current and newest westell available. and on thier forums i see no complaints regarding this modem only the older versions. anyone have any other ideas thanks

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Have you posted your experience with the latest firmware and the test on their forum to see if anyone else is getting the same results?

What configuration options do you have that may be able to be tweeked?

Does your device provide any logging? If so, what do they show from doing the test?

Regards,

CrazyM

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Zfactor,

If you are trying to test your software firewall, then you need to reconfigure your router to pass on all incoming traffic (do this just for the duration of the test though). An easier alternative may be to connect to the Internet via dialup and run the test using that.

6. zfactor

i tried turning off the firewall completely. allowing access and sometime even going to certain sites or using p2p all of a sudden modem reboots out of nowhere. there are no firmware updates for this 327w revg and westell knows about it and so does verizon. the tech guy knew exactly what i was talking about. thier offer to send me a new 327w. im not real happy with verizon at this point. may be switching service we'll see when i finally get through to the customer service dept

7. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

I could see how p2p may cause some issues, but if it is happening while surfing sites o_O Any particular or unique content on these sites that reset the router?

You could always take them up on that offer. There is always the possibility you got a bad modem/router. Do they allow you to use your own hardware?

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.