Get 50GB of Box FREE for Life & 50GB

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zmechys, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear Century,

Don't feel bad about being 57 plus, I am 60 plus. Loosing it everyday, lol.

I tried the syncing of Box, and it is very crude. It is not very well polished like Dropbox.

Best regards,

2. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Its folder uploader "bulk upload" doesn't work. I tried it on Waterfox, IE, Comodo Dragon.

3. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

1. After installing a sync program for Windows, I've placed all my files ( Excel, MS Access, Word, etc...) in folders.
    2. Click on Folder Options and on "Sync for this Folder".

You'll see that your BoxSync program is running.
    A few seconds/minutes - Sync complete.

4. aladdin

Now, try to move the Excel folder into MS Access folder and see what you get. It won't allow you to move.

Best regards,

5. zmechys

Many years ago, I learned one thing from my computer classes -
    CREATE FOLDERS AND SUBFOLDERS. It makes your life easier.

Why do you want to mix different files.
    Keep one folder/subfolder for MS Access database/s, one folder for Excel files.
    Of course, if you want to "explore your world", go for it.

6. cobrafirefly

cobrafirefly Registered Member

Ok so I don't have Java installed on the computer and it appears that Box needs Java to do 'batch uploads'. Batch uploads are basically any upload that is more than one file. Ugh.

7. aladdin

You didn't understand what I wrote. Here is what I wrote. Create two folders, name them Folder "A" and Folder "B". Put files into both Folders. Now move complete Folder "B" into Folder "A", thus making Folder "B" a sub-Folder of Folder "A". You cannot do this with Box, but you can do this with Dropbox.

Let me give you a Live Example. I had a Folder for my RoboForm Password Data, called "RoboForm", with all my RoboForm Passwords in it. Later on I created another Folder for my Sticky Password Data, called, "Sticky Passwords", with all my Passwords in it.

Two days later, I decided, why don't I move these above two Folders under a New Folder, called "Password Safe".

Guess what, I couldn't. Now you get it.

In you case try to create a New Folder and name it "Microsoft Office". Now move all your Office Sub-Folders, such as folder for MS Access database/s, folder for Excel files and folder for Word documents into the main Folder called, "Microsoft Office".

Guess what, you won't be able to do this. Now you get it.

Get out of your computer classes - and enter the real world!

Best regards,

8. aladdin

Another crudeness of Box vs Dropbox is that Box doesn't allow for LAN sync, where as Dropbox does:

9. zmechys

After reading all those terrible things about FREE 50 GB of Box, I decided not to post anymore "hot" deals in order to keep the members of this forum happy and sane.

10. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I appreciate that :D

11. zmechys

FreeDropBox.PNG

Thank you for your nice advice.
    I've immediately canceled several 50 GB FREE of Box accounts and signed up for Free 2 GB of Dropbox. Right now, I can shuffle all my files in folders without causing any issues for you.

12. aladdin

Dearest zmechys,

I appreciate you posting the FREE 50GB of Box. I signed up for it and it has great future potentials. But presently, it is not as polished as Dropbox. I have 18GB FREE of Dropbox and it is very polished. This is the maximum, I can have for FREE.

However, the 50BG FREE of Box is nice with future potentials. The criticism of Box not being so polished in comparison to Dropbox is not geared towards you, but rather towards Box.

Thanks again for introducing me to Box.

Best regards,

13. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I'm just too cheap to pay or storage. I make use of any free storage I can find just for backing up non-sensitive information like my massive music library. I've got accounts for Skydrive, Amazon, Dropbox, and Box. I'm looking at mega as well.

14. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Haven't tried this one, but tried several others.

Dropbox - I've found uploads to be quite slow, same with downloads. Slick interface with many options, like how users can preview a video for example, rather than have to download. But overall, upload speed bothers me.

Mediafire - they've got new pricing options. Free accounts get 50GB (ad supported), but individual file size uploads are limited to 200mb. Ad free options, and 1GB per individual file upload is $1.50 a month. I've always been impressed with their upload and download speed. They've got a desktop PC app in beta stage, obviously to compete with dropbox and so on. Had to email mediafire recently, and their customer support team responded back in a couple of hours, very helpful information as well.

Google drive - fast uploads and downloads, only 5GB for free, but individual file uploads don't have a limit. Eg. say uploading a 800mb MP4, no problems. Desktop app works well too, same on Apple and Android.

Skydrive - seems to be getting better. No limits, like Google Drive, on uploading individual file sizes. $10 a year gets extra 20GB, making it 27GB. Upload and download speeds are similar to Google. Has clear options to recover a deleted file, the trash can, which is an excellent back-up for those who might delete files by mistake.

Haven't tried Box.com's service, can anyone comment on the upload speed? Free account is limited to 1GB file size upload, the next step up is 2GB file size limit for the business account. Seems to be a bit of a gap there for those who might not want to pay the business costs per month, but want to be able to upload files over 2GB.

15. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

great ... thank you ... I did not know about this service ...:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.