GeSWall vs. Defensewall untrusted apps

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Iangh, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

I see that GeSWall automatically sets a more comprehensive list of programmes as untrusted when compared with Defensewall's list.

http://www.gentlesecurity.com/safe.html
    http://www.softsphere.com/

I'm using Defensewall - do I need to add the GeSWall lised apps to Defensewall's untrusted processes or would that be over-protective?

Please explain any comments.

Thanks,
    Ian

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Iangh,

At home we run GesWall Pro and DefenseWall on different systems. I should only add programs that you use which fall in the groups:
    - web browser
    - e-mails and news
    - Chat Messengers
    - P2P
    - IRC (Internet Relay Chat)

Due to its simplicity and the rather square (but hacker/brilliant like) idea's of its developer (Ilya) I have used DefenseWall to test the effectiveness of just an anti-executable (SSM) and sandbox with different kinds of threats.

GeSWall (Brian) has a more architectural approach, trying to build on what is already there (Microsofy Management Console).

Both have uncredible user support eagerness. When I would have bought only one of the two, I would have been a 'fan' of that product, because I could not imagine to get the same service from its direct competitor.

3. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Thanks, Kees

I agree Ilya's support is impressive.

I'm not qualified to judge his brilliance although I would bet he has a brain the size of a planet!

Ian

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Yep,

But it is hard to imagine that Brian's (of GeSWall) user support is as impressive. It really is a pitty that the 'sandbox' market is not picked up by the general market of XP home users.

Regards K

5. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

No, it is normal size! :D

6. fce

fce Registered Member

is defensewall vista ready? any link please....

currently i have pccillin IS 2007, superantispyware pro and spywareblaster....with additional of defensewall will not conflict with my existing 3 security program?

7. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Yes, current beta version is Vista x32 compatible. Coming soon RC1 is even more compatible with it...
    No, there should be no conflicts with this security setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.