GeSWall + VLC?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Gullible Jones, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd like to isolate VLC using GeSWall, as I don't need to save anything from VLC and it's a bit questionable security-wise. So I opened up the GeSWall console, went to Applications\Multimedia, and added the VLC executable (vlc.exe)... But when I started VLC it wasn't listed among the isolated applications, even though I had set GeSWall to always start VLC isolated. How can I get this to work properly?

2. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Resource Type Access
    %HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Cache% File Allow
    %HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Cookies% File Allow
    %HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\History% File Allow
    \Device\NamedPipe\lsass File Read Only

I use VLC and this is what I have in my resources. I didn't add these rules so I suppose they are just part of the GW database.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  3. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

BTW if you are using the Pro version simply right-click on the icon in your system tray and select up date applications.

4. Oh... I have to add rules... D'oh! Thanks!

Edit: Aaaand... I didn't realize the Application Wizard existed. Double d'oh.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
  5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Pro version has pre-built rules, in free version u need to add rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.