Geswall uninstall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ParaNodes, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParaNodes

ParaNodes Registered Member

so,

Is Geswall's uninstaller really this bad ?. Just demoed and got the expired popup,
    it locked up the system tray, would not uninstall from add/remove even in safe mode, and keeps asking me to download new version.Jeez, what a piece of junk software !!.Not the way to get me to purchase.

2. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

NO! Just because you are having a problem doesn't mean it is junk.
    I tried it and removed it with no problems.
    Just make sure you have disabled it first.
    Also, try something like Revo uninstaller. It's free.
    Or maybe try going into Safe Mode.
    Good luck.
    Hugger

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I'm glad I saw this thread. I downloaded the free version yesterday from the gentle security site and got the popup that it was expired today (o_O??). It uninstalled without any problem for me, and CCleaner got rid of, I guess, what little was left over. No problems here either.

I checked gentle security and saw that geswall has been updated. I dunno if you can install over the top of the older version. I always prefer to uninstall an older version before updating it.

4. ParaNodes

ParaNodes Registered Member

Folks,

Thanks for the suggestions. I was just curious if anyone else had problems. Must have been one of those hosed uninstalls.Used my on uninstaller (re image).

Oh-well.

5. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

yes i had, and as a previous poster replied Revo Uninstaller is a very good solution. just ensure you utilize the "Scan After Uninstall" function, and it'll will completely uninstall Geswall for you. and btw, Geswall is anything but junk software. superbly engineered, and highly effective in protecting Windows based PC's from malware infections.

Mike

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Ditto Here,No issues removing or re installing everything working well again.

7. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Hi,

I'd GeSWall version 2.7.1 Freeware during 1 week . Last night , At startup hi was arrested and announced a new version to download . I wanted to install version 2.7.2 Freeware , but there had - " Error MSI Installer : Product GeSWall 2.7.1 Freeware -- This installation of GeSWall is expired , please download updated version from www.gentlesecurity.com " . Even a repetition mistake ...

I have abandoned for now ...o_O

8. DarkButterfly

DarkButterfly Registered Member

I download Geswall Pro to test it and when I was going to install it, it said it expired. o_O

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

This is annoying, they have put an exppiry date in installer while they fail to update the installer.

A work around is to change system time back, install GW and then correct the time again.

10. tbay2athome

tbay2athome Registered Member

Currently I'm running 2.7.1 paid with no problems. Any pressing reason to update to 2.7.2? Thanks!

11. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I Updated but I would like to see what was fixed.I assume some issues with Vista UAC.

12. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Perhaps 2.7.2 has a new expiration date?
    Any noticable differances between 2.7.1 and 2.7.2 o_O

13. omega5475

omega5475 Registered Member

I got the same "geswall 2.7.1 has expired, please get the updated version" error when trying to install 2.7.2. "Fatal error" occured when trying to uninstall.

I had to use Windows Installer Clean Up Utility to remove it. Launched geswall.2.7.2.pro.msi and was able to install, but the installation was interrupted and had to be repaired. Finally got it to install and then reboot.

Now guess what...
    0000.png

It's still v2.7.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.