Geswall + Online Armor Issue

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tipstir, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Hey does anyone of you out there using both of these together? I've notice that Geswall doesn't seem like its doing anything like it did prior. I had repaired and also try removing it and it still does the same thing. Might just ditch it if none of you who use Online Armor with GesWall. I guess there is no need to run Keyscrambler also since Online Armor handles key-logger.

2. tipstir

Okay I guess I won't be using GESWall again. Because today one of my wireless N laptops was giving me blue screen. Just notice that on two desktops. Once Geswall 2.9 was removed everything was back normal. I guess this is a common problem with Geswall and OA?

3. johncage

johncage Registered Member

I got random BSOD too. I think Geswall 2.9 conflicts with OA, and after replaced Geswall with Sandboxie,no BSOD again.

4. tipstir

Well I do have Sandboxie I guess I could use that again. Thanks for the tip!

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Or just run your interne facings aps AS SAFER with OA or use Iron with its internal Sandbox

6. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Tried that combination about half a year ago with OA free and GW, it caused such instability I've never looked back.
    I lack the skills to even indicate what the problem was, maybe one of the pro's here got it to work?
    OA paid keeps me happy now (thanks Gizmo!)

7. tipstir

Geswall might not be good for all again might not be needed on all your PCs. I only need on one PC. Online Armor Free or Paid still a run for your money. Free has nags screens ouch. Seems to be a lot of pop-up dialog boxes even if I told it to add the rule it keeps on coming back. Annoying.

Windows Firewall + SeconfigXP <-this trigger seems to turn off a lot of features thus might be good for the home user. Advance/Power users like me might have issues with having already manually disabling stuff already. Still that darn outbound traffic can be controlled with SRP under LSP.

Light firewall and free we all have that with Windows OS, just wonder why none of us are using it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.