Geswall and Vista

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by trjam, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

From time to time, I hear refercences of how Geswall works better with XP instead of Vista. Why? And based on whatever the reasons, would you say Defensewall would be the better choice for Vista. A BIG Decision is a coming.;)

2. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

I can say from experience that DW works flawlessly with vista even under vista LUA conditions,without any issues..

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Even with the latest version of GesWall, I still have to disable UAC when installing/uninstalling GW. Further, the option to "disable geswall policy" and the "application wizard" are both disabled, unless again UAC is turned off.

Moreover, because of previous problems with various programs after turning off UAC after I have installed these programs with this option enabled, I would prefer that a sandbox application actually works with Vista's UAC.

In contrast I have had no problems in running DW with UAC enabled on Vista SP1.

4. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

Just saw that :D
    I'll bite..Got curious :p

5. Lucy

Lucy Registered Member

As DW service can be used under LUA for configuration purpose, it is easier than GW.
    GW configuration can be done only in admin mode.

So if you want to unjail a file, one has to go to admin account first... Or maybe I misused it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.