Geswall and Deepfreeze a good team?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by demonon, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demonon

demonon Guest

Hi,

My question is whether Geswall pro and Deepfreeze are a good team.
    So I actually want to know if there aren't any incompatibilities or problems when using them both together. And am I doing the right thing or is this overkill?

I am planning to use Geswall as my primary defense against malware and deepfreeze as another alternative which also protects my system.
    My other security is a Router with SPI firewall, a resident AV and AM and some immunization application.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

seems like it would work for me, not to much different then what I have been using and am totally happy with it.

3. demonon

demonon Guest

Yes about your setup, I also consider using FDISR in stead of Deepfreeze.
    Currently Im testing Deepfreeze and it's just too much of a hassle for me to setup everything properly.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

you are a smart person, now enjoy your computer and quit worrying about the security issue.;)

5. demonon

demonon Guest

I started actually worrying about my security for one week now since I heard about all these virtualisation programs.
    It just seems like the best solution, especially because AV's just can't cope with all the new virus threads.
    I surf safe, but it CAN be me who will be hacked or exploited through a leak. And I don't want that to happen.
    The biggest problem is I want a easy to use programs so my family doesn't have to ask something every 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

then Geswall is your answer. It cant get much more simpler. The first time you use your internet applications, a popup will appear asking if you want it to automatically be covered by the pulsating green of Geswall, you just check yes and that is it. I use the out of the box settings and have yet to catch even an infected toenail.;)

No need for scanning or a AV.

7. demonon

demonon Guest

Thanks for your "professional expertise", if I may call it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.