Geswall and Deepfreeze a good team?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by demonon, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demonon

demonon Guest

Hi,

My question is whether Geswall pro and Deepfreeze are a good team.
    So I actually want to know if there aren't any incompatibilities or problems when using them both together. And am I doing the right thing or is this overkill?

I am planning to use Geswall as my primary defense against malware and deepfreeze as another alternative which also protects my system.
    My other security is a Router with SPI firewall, a resident AV and AM and some immunization application.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

seems like it would work for me, not to much different then what I have been using and am totally happy with it.

3. demonon

demonon Guest

Yes about your setup, I also consider using FDISR in stead of Deepfreeze.
    Currently Im testing Deepfreeze and it's just too much of a hassle for me to setup everything properly.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

you are a smart person, now enjoy your computer and quit worrying about the security issue.;)

5. demonon

demonon Guest

I started actually worrying about my security for one week now since I heard about all these virtualisation programs.
    It just seems like the best solution, especially because AV's just can't cope with all the new virus threads.
    I surf safe, but it CAN be me who will be hacked or exploited through a leak. And I don't want that to happen.
    The biggest problem is I want a easy to use programs so my family doesn't have to ask something every 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

then Geswall is your answer. It cant get much more simpler. The first time you use your internet applications, a popup will appear asking if you want it to automatically be covered by the pulsating green of Geswall, you just check yes and that is it. I use the out of the box settings and have yet to catch even an infected toenail.;)

No need for scanning or a AV.

7. demonon

demonon Guest

Thanks for your "professional expertise", if I may call it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.