Germans choose Kaspersky over McAfee and Symantec

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Arup, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arup

Arup Guest

Well you are the de facto champion of personal attacks so by all means, be my guest and go right ahead, not that it would make any relevance to this post or for that matter have any value or impact in any sense.

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

No problem with me dealing with it, although based on my own product usage, partisan seems a rather strange choice of words.

As for what the article or your own comments "demonstrate", you have a lot to learn regarding what constitutes a demonstration.

Blue

3. BlueZannetti

OK - this line of development stops here and now - we are not going down that road.

Blue

4. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Wow, the Germans like Kaspersky, they're so fair and unbiased!

Please excuse me while I enjoy a good laugh at your display of comedy.

To be honest, you're doing such a great job by yourself I don't think you need my or anyone else's help at all. :D

5. Arup

Arup Guest

Germans voted fairly for their choice of AV. No doubt about that. If one finds that comical, serious psychiatric help is needed in that case as I can't detect any humor in that, just an observation. If praising one's good judgement is considered to be an insult, there is some serious language issues going on here.

Its come to my knowledge that some people who have ample time are here just for the sake of personal attacks and insults and that too without any undue provocation. Its a shame, we all have our passions but to succumb to that is a total waste of effort.

6. Arup

Arup Guest

I beg to differ. Maybe the word German has touched some real raw nerve somewhere down the line with you. Maybe you have a lot to learn on what constitutes as moderation. I am outta this forum. Goodbye, it was good here while it lasted, made some good friends but unfortunately time has come to part.

Thank you for the good times and I have learnt a lot here which I am proud to admit.

7. btman

btman Registered Member

It's sad to see that this thread had come to this... I assume all will be deleted soon enough, but I do not think anyone here has anything against the Germans.

I do understand what you had meant in the first post, because yes there are alot of biased tests... But hey, most people would vote for "best" as in what they use on a day to day basis... If that happens to be the cheapest/most convenient one to purchase, that leaves the test biased from the start.

I'm sure 35,000 readers aren't all AV experts and "know" what's the best. But in a few years when all our computers get self-destruction viruses and only 1-3 AV's stop it right away, we'll find out which AV truly is the best :D :D :D

Sorry to have you leaving the community fellow Kaspersky user.

Btman

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

You've been here three years and yet you act like a little spoiled brat when a valid objection is made regarding your drawing a conclusion that does not follow from the premise. You cannot logically conclude that because Germans who read this magazine voted KAV an award that, therefore, Germans are non-biased. The two have nothing to do with each other or, perhaps, Germans are simply biased toward Russian antivirus companies. :D You can draw no valid conclusion one way or the other.

It is very childish to leave here just because you chose to post a ridiculous comment and when you were called on it not simply change your post and thank Blue. If I ever make that sort of glaring error in logic because I am drunk, sleepy, ....whatever, I sure hope Blue, or someone, points it out to me so I can change it. Based on your reaction to Blue's comment, I think you did it deliberately knowing full well that it was a fallacious conclusion, but you did it anyway and, if that is the case, then Wilders is probably better off without your presence.

9. culla

culla Registered Member

i know a german who uses avg :p

10. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Totally true.
    This statement can only come from Austria. But that is nonsense. Austria people are often kind of jealous but I also had good communication with some of them despite of the fact that there exists a lot of grumbler in this country related to Germans.
    Agree in certain regard.
    A certain truth could be in these words .:D
    That´s fine.
    One of the usual problems in forums but there also exists forums with a more peaceful atmosphere.
    Don´t take it that personal, blue is not the only one in this forum, stay relaxed.:cool: :D
    There is some truth too in these words. Some companies in Germany could put a certain naivety to the day concerning Russian enterprises. Nevertheless Russian companies make real good stuff that´s for sure but related to precision Germany could be a leap ahead.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am an American that likes German and Chinese software.:) :thumb:

12. Timo Schmidt

Timo Schmidt Registered Member

I'm German and I use AVAST - ROFL ^^

13. SystemJunkie

Avira-Avast-Bit Defender then comes Kaspersky.

14. IBK

IBK AV Expert

15. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

i'm always surprised how people can fight over a piece of software.o_O

It explain why, when it is about serious matter, we have war on earth.

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

So if I am deciphering this correctly, it was GData,Norton and Bitdefender as the top 3.

17. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

Or maybe he is talking about the 2005-2006 versions!

18. SystemJunkie

lool.. true
    I wouldn´t give too much attention on this test because there is not only focus on scanning abilities and unimportant things like support play a role too.

19. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

20. BlueZannetti

I'm going to make one thing perfectly clear if it isn't already - my comments in this thread are not about software. My comments are about:
    • Foisting completely unsupported conclusions on the readers based on some bizarre extrapolation of results or summary comments. The ranking are what they are and all the factors that yield that result are not known. For the record, the thread started with a consideration of reader poll results tallied by PC Praxis magazine, not the PC Welt listing - which was a performance test - indicated by IBK. They are two different sources. The readers like KAV and have less of a sweet spot in their heart for Norton and McAfee. Gee, that could be me and I'll take that result at face value.
    • I have not read the PC Praxis article, but really don't need to in order to comment on an assertion along the lines of "Kaspersky came in number 1, ergo the German readers of PC Praxis are unbiased since Kaspersky is not a German company". The readers may very well be unbiased, but that statement doesn't necessarily follow from the poll results. These statements are independent of one another, as is their validity or fallacy.
    • Indiscriminately slamming everyone else as biased on a flawed assertion grounded in nationalistic stereotyping. The specific language I object to is
      Even if one nationality were shown to be completely unbiased, a blanket assertion that others are not simply doesn't follow.
    Folks, this is about critically reading and evaluating what's put in front of you in this forum, other forums, or the popular media. It's no different than some of the imaginary and seeming paranoid assertions that get floated in security forums daily. They may have limited elements of truth embedded in them, but the gross extrapolations and lack of any logical development or grounding in objective reality distort the final result beyond recognition.

Blue

21. BlueZannetti

For the record, absolutely no moderation has occurred in this thread, so I really don't know what I need to learn regarding moderation.

All of your words are as they were originally written by you. You've been questioned on what I believe is a quite fallacious assertion based on nationalistic stereotypes and has no reasonable connection to the poll indicated in the original reference. No more, no less.

Blue

22. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

I woke to this continuation of such a non-- debates. I thought I was in a heated Security Council chamber.

I just wish the World War III would not start from here--over a Security issue.

Happy new year, guys, keep your spirits up and in the right direction. I wish.

23. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I agree and the reality is, People choose, not countries, or nationalities, as to what software they want.

24. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

As already mentioned, the issue here has nothing to do with security. Someone was being put in his place regarding his moronic remarks that were complete bullshit, as he rightly deserved to be.

25. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

I know that someone somehow has stepped out of bound a bit.

How about I buy you guys

a cup of Tim Horton coffee. in Canada, this is the an unofficial way to settle a dispute--over a/few cups of fresh-brew coffee--regular ? double ? or black ?

No one will emerge as a clear winner after these debates, and has already produced no constructive/healthy results. We are a small closely-knit community, we know each other by user names(or first name), although never see the smiling faces, support one another days in days out. 2007 is numbered, why not just leave this bitterness(if any) with it(year 2007), and look forward to the new year(200:cool: ? eh?

As my wife always says: tomorrow is always better than today.

Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.