General Compiler Error

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by minneola24, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minneola24

minneola24 Registered Member

I run Windows 7 and am getting an error when I try to update, here is a screenshot.

I tried updating it over and over and it comes up with the same error. It updated just fine until this morning when I got the error. I have the 32 bit version, my internet is fine.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1633/erroraxq.jpg

thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you update from ESET's servers? Does uninstalling EAV and installing EAV 4.0.437 from scratch make a difference?

3. minneola24

minneola24 Registered Member

I tried it about 5 times and it works, I'll get back to you if the problem persists, thankyou.

4. olive2009

olive2009 Registered Member

We got the same error message also at the workstations. But, we were able to resolve it by selecting the mirror site option in the NOD setup. (F.Y.I., we have windows 2003 server and Windows XP Pro workstations networked. We just downloaded NOD32 v. 4.0.437.0 Trial version). Here is what we did:

Select the Advanced Setup
    From the Setup drop-dn list select Adv. Setup
    Highlight Update (on the left pane)
    On the right pane, click on the Setup button next to Advanced update setup
    Click on the Mirror tab
    Check the box Create update mirror
    Check the box Provide update files via HTTP server

That is all that was needed (for our system). Since it is for a multi-user license, we needed to add license information to NOD32 in the server also. If you haven't already done so, that info is posted at the ESET website also.

BTW, we also have a laptop (connected to the network) running windows XP home version. NOD32 did not update the latest virus definition files till we updated the windows files first. We are keeping our fingers crossed....so far so good.

Good luck with your updates!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.