General Avast! 5 Free/Pro/IS questions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by EightOneEight, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

+1
    Yeah that makes 3 of us. Maybe their going to add or sheild or maybe get rid of some sheilds?

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

If they nerf it, they just push more people to Comodo, which already provides better protection.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

idk about that cuz even in that unlikely situation id never opt for the full comodo suite. u cant really speak for the majority because u dont know what they would do.

4. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

True but with alot of other folks offering free AV/AM/Firewalls, I don't think they can afford to be cutting things. I mean even symantic developed power eraser. It was a poor attempt at giving something for nothing but they tried.

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Sorry. For some reason I thought I was on a forum where I could express my opinion.

6. firzen771

i didnt say u arent allowed to say anything, im just saying u cant genuinly speak for the majority because as i said, u really dont know what 'most' people would do, u can speak for urself if u wish.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  7. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Clocks - just hit the ignore button. Firzen tends to get excitable when advast is being discussed. Especially, god forbid something negative is said about his AV.

8. firzen771

i do like avast, but i also use other AV's, was just using ESET a week ago and was perfectly happy with it, just cuz i point out peoples false claims doesnt all of a sudden mean my own 2 cents isnt allowed as clocks seems to think im saying to him about his opinion.

furthermore suggesting that more people are all of a sudden going to move to CIS over a claim that hasnt even been explained is quite irrelevent to this thread so it is an offtopic post.

basically, i have no problem with criticism of any product i use, but what was said here wasn't criticism, just an off-topic remark meant to simply stir up comments about a competing product.

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I don't know where you ppl get info about avast! getting even more limited.
    If anything will happen, it will only get LESS limited. There were Quantum updates planned but they slashed them because they don't make much sense these days, however there is a big chance that they will incorporate cloud technology to both, Pro/IS and Free products. I'm not quite sure if the cloud tech will arrive with avast! 5.1 update, but heavily improved Behavior Shield, 64bit boot time scan, more settings and other improvements will arrive with 5.1 for sure.

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Wrong. My comment was not "simply to stir up comments about a competing product". Do you think you are a mind reader? I was making small talk about AV software on an AV forum. And I never said I spoke for the majority, so get off your high horse and chill out.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

hey, what happen to the first sentence.;)

12. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Well, you know I have to be careful when dealing with children. lol

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

alas, the clock strikes 12.;)

14. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Actually, I almost put him on ignore a long time ago.

15. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

I should have known not to ask a logical question in a thread like this and expect a reply. Why even mention that something is going on with Avast! next year if you're not willing to elaborate? Last time I bite on one of trjam's teasers. Lesson learned.

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

sometimes logical questions can not be answered for a variety of reasons. Sort of like my so called "teaser" last December that Avira would fall off the perch this year. Or the "teaser" that you would see vendors joining forces to stay alive and compete.

So, no need to bite. I am bite proof.:cautious:

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Oh, I just checked. The one about the 2 surprise vendors of the year that would be Hitman Pro and Trend Micro. Well, the verdict is still out on Trend. But another 'teaser" that I had forgotten.

Full text may be found here and here

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  18. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

Wonderful. You are the god of internet security, trjam. :D

My only point is, if you can't reveal the information for whatever reason, then don't mention it at all to begin with. That qualifies as a "teaser," my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.