Geek Superhero

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Mrkvonic, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    There have been some threads about this before, but I need some clarifications.
    I know the program comes from the guys who made GetRight download manager. Likewise, I noticed some people refer to the guys who made these two as spyware kings and such, however, neither of the programs is listed in the rogue list by Eric. Moreover, I have been testing the Geek Superhero for more than 2 months and have not discovered any spyware or exploit bundled with it.
    What do you say guys?
    Mrk

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

it's been a long time now that getright was bundled with spyware...talking about two years I think...

Geek Superhero is an all in one utility and I had some interests in it...but I purchased System Mechanic, the rest can be done through free programs like Prevx...
    just my two cents

/edit: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/articles/download-managers.html

3. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi there Mrkvonic, I am a very satisfied user of GSH.

The amount of things it protects and can and does warn you about is Very impressive. I have other security Apps in place, and there is some overlap, but GSH blocks and prompts so many extra items that the others don't.

I would recommend that you DL the 30 day free evaluation and see for yourself just how good and useful it is to have onboard. Don't forget to flip through all the options and select what you require it to do.

I use mine without the comic book look, and if you prefer you can DL Desktop Armor which is exactly the same product, but without the GSH characters.

I don't think you will be dissapointed with it. More people should try it, as they don't know what their missing.

StevieO

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    I did write I have been testing it for 2 months already. It seems nice.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.