gdata14 AVK pro and nod32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by OPTIMIZER, Jun 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Guest

Hi I was wondering : I am licenced to both. I still believe in NOD32 and now that they beginning to update a lot again I want to have it on my disk as onaccess and Gdata as on demand. How should I have it in my services configuration?
    nod automatic and gdata manual? gdata can boot up and will I have the icon in my systray and will it run in background?
    Am I still possible to run it on demand flawlessly?

thanks in advance.

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

HI.... well I don't have either, but On Demand means just that. It's only running when you "demand/start/run" it, and NO, there should not be an Icon in Sys Tray for that particular one, just your main AV.

You will have to have the 'On Demand Scanner' configured so it does NOT start up at Reboot, otherwise it is then running in background and possible conflicts could arise.

Have the program you want to run as RTM [Real Time Monitor, in this case NOD32] and only it's icon should show up.

Now, if you want to scan a file say, and as long as both AV's have put an option in your Right Click Context Menu, simply right click and scan with NOD then with the other.

However, it would be advisable to temporarily disable the RTM feature of the main scanner first, before doing the second check with the other, then simply do scan, close the program, restart the RTM of your main one.

Other may disagree, but that's how I do it. No conflicts, no fuss, takes little time.

Cheers, TAS

3. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Guest

thanks TAS I am beginning at it right now and I'll keep you posted.

have a nice sunday afternoon

4. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Guest

I am gonna disable it again because the problem was that gdata double engine uses 20 mb in mem and I though I remembered NOD32 uses much less. but now I see two items in mem: nodkui: 5 mb and nodkernel: 12 mb.
    that is rather the same I think so I am gonna let gdata have full control over my system, they just updated the whole engine (3mb) so I am gonna stick with it.

thanks anyway Tas.

bye

5. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

It's just whatever feels faster IMO. Memory usage is pretty irrelevant nowadays to actual speed. For instance, with extendia AVK it takes an extra 5 seconds to launch IE, with the same memory usage as something else that lets me open it instantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.