Gdata + SpySweeper blocking Outlook?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mgbgt2, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgbgt2

mgbgt2 Registered Member

I've just installled Gdata Internet Security 2010 and have a previous installation of Webroot Spysweeper 6 and now cannot send or receive Outlook emails.

I've tracked this down to the SpySweeper email shield, and if I disable this then email is OK.

Are there any configuration changes I can make to GData so I can still use it with the Spysweeper email shield

(I was previoulsly using SpySweeper with Kaspersky Internet Security without any problems)

2. mevcit

mevcit Registered Member

G DATA IS already has email protection and antispam modules. You should disable the email protection module then i think. But i don't know if the antispam module will cause a confliction problem as well. Try it yourself. ;)

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I agree with mevcit.
    I would disable the email shield in SpySweeper and use the email shield in Gdata instead.

4. mevcit

mevcit Registered Member

I meant the email protection of G DATA by "You should disable the email protection module" as mgbgt2 wants to keep the email shield of SpySweeper active. But disabling the email protection of G DATA may not be sufficient to prevent conflictions. Therefore i stated that the antispam module of G DATA may cause a confliction with SpySweeper or not. And s/he can see this by trying the antispam module and SpySweeper shield together. I think it wasn't clear enough in my previous message. :D

However, I also would use the G DATA email protection and antispam modules instead. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.