GDATA, how does their own engine perform ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Fly, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

No fan of G-Data, but I've seen more ransomware detections on virustotal from it than any other BD clone. Not much else and it's just virustotal but still.

/creditwhereitsdue

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  2. fax

fax Registered Member

Does not look confusing to me... Closegap it is not so different than DeepGuard in F-secure... :)

3. Inside Out

I think some people do get they're supposedly very similar, but are very skeptical about the former's effectiveness given the mediocre results on AVC tests, and rightly so. That said, now there's a lot of user dependency/after-the-fact detection like with AVG which may be its doing, at least partly.

4. nsm0220

nsm0220 Registered Member

i give this a test next year because of the new engine they added

5. fax

fax Registered Member

No,please ...not again YouTube useless tests... Lol

6. Inside Out

Not going to get better later either no matter how hard you try to make it look good, but whatever floats your boat. :rolleyes:

7. SnowFlakes

SnowFlakes Registered Member

Gdata their own Engine is doing great but not perfect without BitDefender engine

8. anon

anon Registered Member

9. Inside Out

Some people can't handle the truth, especially nsm1231432347 (no offense to the decent ones) but I apppreciate your efforts. :thumb: Not to mention it's still full of bugs now even immediately after installation (due to the new update), gives lots of BSODs under 8.1 despite the supposed compatibility and leaks infections left and right. So many people on their support "forum" can't ALL be lying. If there were so many bug reports for another AV, its boards would have exploded, and if they recommended doing a clean install every single time something happened rather than actually fix it, soon they would have lost all their customers.

http://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.securityexperten.com%2Fstartseite%2F&act=url

No words to describe their incompetence. It's not even the bugs themselves, but failing to fix them even after they've been known for a long time and even still introducing new ones (contrast to Kaspersky, who've quickly fixed the compatibility with the 8.1 hotfix). They've had Avast to help them out before, but when they have to actually develop tech themselves they get exposed for the rank amateurs they are, years behind the top players in terms of technology, R&D and QA.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  10. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

What's the problem? I use G-Data 2014. I find it works fine, has no issues and does what its intended to do, which is I'm using it. In the wild virus problem is stupid anyway, any prevalent virus will be detected by almost all the main companies very quickly. Its virus/trojan programs that are made and given only to a few people that are the problem, and even after months many of the main companies if not any won't have signatures. Simply put, any antivirus is fine but it does not matter really as any unknown malware will get by any company anyway, that's the problem with modern antivirus and why most IT security experts don't use them. I use G-Data for known sample detection and firewall, nothing more. If you think your antivirus will really work for unknown malware you are deluded.

11. aztony

aztony Registered Member

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Why-Y...et-Security-Suite-by-HTG?pid=144499#pid144499

12. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

13. fax

fax Registered Member

LOL :thumb:

14. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Is the issue with bugs really common ?

In my experience, almost all AVs suffer from bugs from time to time.

15. nsm0220

nsm0220 Registered Member

they are not useless and besides i tested gdata in the past and their behavior blocker haves improved

16. SuperHax

SuperHax Registered Member

I've never noticed bugs in Gdata 2013 or 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.