GData AVK 2005

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hollywoodpc, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

See . That is how they were a few years ago too . I guess maybe they still are not there yet .?

2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I just got a reply from GData about a some questions I emailed them on January 18th.
    So if you have the internet security package you get extended database support but not if you have AVK Pro? o_O

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

That is confusing to me as well . How is that possible ?

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

As from februari 25 the Premium Support (hourly updates) for AVK2005 Pro is for free. Till that date you had to pay an extra €29 for that support. People who paid already for the Prem. Supp. will get an extra year license.
    Just to be sure: I am talking about GData (Kaspersky + Bitdefender).

Gerard

5. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I Just got my bill for this, I wonder if they can wave it?

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Thats because GDATA AVK uses KAV 4.5 engine.

7. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread - I am now happily running a GData's AVK 2005 Pro (English) registered. I need deep pockets to read this forum :D

Very modest drag on performance here (Pentium 4 2.66 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, XP SP2), more or less identical to VirusScan 8, not as low impact as NOD32; hourly updates are very welcome, but best of all for me is the ability to check IMAP email as well as POP3. Excellent value in my view 28.67 GBP

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Howard,

The main reason why your PC is running well...RAM. GDATA AVK will run very good on PCs with 768MB or more RAM, with minimal drag in performance.

Regards,
    Firecat

:):):)

9. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Has anyone confirmed what the second engine is in 2005? BD 7.2?

10. Grumble

Grumble Registered Member

Yup Howard, I agree it's an excellent buy, and I paid up for it considering the euros will be converted to yankee dollars on my cc bill (ouch!). GData is worth it though, and less noticeable running on my machine than VS 9.0 was.

At first running Ewido guard with GData produced a noticeable lag, but that was fixed by uninstalling AntiVir (used as a backup scanner and which had the guard inadvertently installed, but not activated, by one of the big AntiVir updates).

So now I routinely have GData with both engines + Ewido guard startup and run with no hit on performance to me, and as I said, smoother than McAfee 9.

I'm NOT a gamer by the way and don't notice or care much about slight speed improvements or maximizing speed/performance for its own sake. I have a modern machine, Dell XP SP2, though not an extremely super powerfull one, P4 - 2.66 GHz - 512 MB RAM.

GData AVK 2005 seems a smooth, reliable piece of work in every aspect - updating, configurable options, operation, and detection/cleaning given the reputations of KAV & BD. The AVK Security Agent with the news ticker, clock, update indicator, is a nice little added bonus that I place in the corner of the screen sometimes.

Yup, another happy camper here!

11. steverope

steverope Registered Member

I haven't had any problem with the tech support, usually a 1 day response time, the boot time is not affected, just the application startup times, after startup, no diff at all........I was given some tweaks by extendia, such as using the KAV engine for monitoring, and both for scanning, and this fixed all the minor slowing down of app startup.......I've scoured the net, and am hard pressed to find a more comprehensive and effective scanner. I don't know why some people are having tech support problems, as I've had great response time. I still give it 2 thumbs up, as it is current and they only charge 29.00$ for it, not robbing people blind. Steven

12. Howard

Howard Registered Member

I had a little problem with Outlook and G DATA AVK 2005 - their tech support responded (today) in under six hours with the solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.