GAOTD - Start Menu 7 Pro

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/start-menu-7-pro/

Anyone have any experience with this program? Seems as if its a totally unneeded piece of software.

2. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Have been using it for a few weeks on Win 7. It's definitely unnecessary, however as I have many programs installed I like the ability to see them all displayed when I don't remember the name of the program to search for.

My advice is install, try it for a few days and see if it's confortable for you - certainly it's not world changing
    :)

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I noted comments:

#75 - "If you have XP, DO NOT MISS THIS!!!!
    If you have Windows 7, do not even try.
    If you have VISTA, try it, you might keep it."

#78 - "quite useless. The Windows Vista and 7 start menus are already quite good, there is no need for this bloatware to clog down your system!"

as per > http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/start-menu-7-pro/

So, since I have XP Pro SP2, I decided to install on all 4 "Test" snapshots.

I can switch between the former 'START' and the new look , any time I like without having to uninstall. Just great! :)

4. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Tried it, love it!

For Windows XP this is exactly what everyone needs. First it just looks better and clearer visually than the regular start menu. Second, it adds functionality to that start menu; when selecting programs, you can scroll to the end of the start menu (no more menu overflow beyond the screen), and you can navigate directly from the menu to files/folders. For example, if you go to 'My Computer', a submenu opens up to show you drives -> folders -> ... you just double-click to open the drive, folder or file you want. Or if you want to open "Add or Remove Programs" from Control Panel, you don't need to open control panel first anymore because when you move the mouse cursor to select control panel from the start menu, it shows you a submenu with the control panel contents so you just choose "Add or Remove Programs" or any other item.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.