GAOTD- Glary Utilities Pro

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/glary-utilities-pro-holiday/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+giveawayoftheday%2Ffeed+%28Giveaway+of+the+Day%29

I hear alot of praise of this program here from the members. Now is your chance to grab this.

2. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Cool, will give this one a try. I've read some good things about it. :)

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I was surprised to read this about the program...

Glary Utilities Pro features:
    Automatic and periodical care in background;
    Optimize, clean and boost the speed of your Windows;
    Protect your privacy and security;
    Block spyware, trojans, adware, etc;
    Simple, fast and User friendly interface;
    All-in-one utility to speed up your PC.

4. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

Pretty good, thanks.

File Undelete didn't work though.

5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Does this conflict with Antivirus software?

6. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

think the only difference with free version is the background check..

7. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

This application looks interesting, but some reviews I read say that this app will destroy your OS while some say this is one of the best tuneup applications :rolleyes:

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I'm not a fan of "All-In-One" programs like this. It's been my experience that one or two functions will do well while the remainder leave much to be desired, or, the whole thing is mediocre. I have nothing to back up saying this program is likely the same, nor am I saying that, but usually such is the case with these "suites".

9. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I've used the free version for a couple of years and have found it to be a really useful application.
    I particularly like the disk analysis function which has, on several occasions, helped me to locate misplaced files.
    To date, I have never experienced any problem that I can associate with the free version when installed in Windows 2000 SP-4, XP SP-2, Vista Ultimate (no SP), or Windows 7 RC-1.
    My preference is to disable the scheduling and restore functions which are not needed or desired in my case.

I downloaded the Pro version via GAOTD about two hours ago and see no real difference in operational characteristics between it and the free version.

10. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

glary1.JPG
    Glary 2.JPG
    glary3.JPG
    glary4.JPG
    glary5.JPG

Right click menu added items: Wipe file (delete) + Encrypt files + Split file (split large files into smaller chunks, and also rejoin them)

11. Keyboard_Commando

glary6.JPG

And this. Haven't tried the Spyware Remover tool. Be interesting to know if it is any good.

12. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

For me it said no problems found.See screenshot.

P.S. I only let it report on the Registry Entries,...269 problems. :D

Attached Files:

13. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Does this run in the background? If so how much memory does it use?

How safe is this program, is it known to mess up your OS?

14. Keyboard_Commando

It spotted 188 problems with my registry. I didn't let it fix them, same as I don't let CCleaner fix the problems unless I think they're worthy (only way I see this screwing your OS if you allow it to remove reg files or whatever) - I did try cross-comparison CCleaner results and the Glary reg file scanner but got bored going through them both lol.

@Ibrad, other than the right click context menu items that I mentioned there are no default start up adds to resources. Running private bytes 4,796k.

15. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Glary Utilities Pro found 716 items in the registry scan (it is a testing partition) compared to 2 according to CCleaner.

I never had trouble with CCleaner's registry clean up, and going thru 716 items in Glary seems almost impossible.

Otherwise it seems pretty much like the free version.

I multi boot and had no trouble installing in 4 partitions so far (and activated in each).

16. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Like with anything, you have to use commonsense, e.g. when running the "Empty Folders Finder", I would not delete these ticked folders(See screenshot), as they were installed when I set up my system initially, i.e. Logitech keyboard and mouse.

Seeing them for the first time, and knowing they are required, I would open the dropdown Exclude menu and > Exclude Checked folders(Never find again)

P.S. I think I am going to like exploring this utility. :)

Attached Files:

17. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Often that's in short supply. For many the common sense thing to do with a program like this is to not use it. Its clear from your post that you know what you are doing but I suspect the average person would figure the programmers know what they are doing so if Glary says they are not needed they are not needed, or worse, if Glary says you have 1/2 million errors in your registry and you, again assuming the guys who wrote the program know what's what, click repair,,,,,,,, well, an almost sure fire way to major headaches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.