GAOTD Drive Copy 11 Compact Edition - What can it do?

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by tstaddon, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tstaddon

tstaddon Registered Member

Hi,

I have a 5 year old XP machine which still has the original XP Home OEM prebuild on it, crudware included. It's well overdue a clean up. Fortunately I have a lot of experience with slipstreaming, and unattended installs, so have built a working XP Home post-SP3 install disk with IE8, DirectX updates, and all critical updates up to March 2011 included. I've also cloned the preactivation files off the original recovery media so it is effect "factory build without the crudware".

Plan's always been to backup the data and key registry settings for applications, wipe the drive, reinstall everything, restore the registry settings, and then restore the data, but I've been holding out for a while because it's such a chore. Thinking if this GAOTD is capable of making the migration easier, it'll be worth doing today.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any really coherent explanation of what it actually *does* that cloning tools or backup/restore tools don't, and I'm on a work PC at the minute so can't install it till I get home.

So can anyone explain, very quickly, what DC11CE will allow me to do?

Thanks

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Very quickly:
    Copy your current system (almost one-to-one skipping unused sectors) to physically connected second HDD. Disconnect the original one and boot from your system from the state it was powered off before source HDD removal.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.