G-Data Newest Product Version

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G Data Ed

G Data Ed Registered Member

This is curious as to why you would have this difficulty. I will look into this further and report back to the group.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

The initial installer size for Gdata AV/Internet Security is enormous; up to 290MB. So dial-up users have no chance of trying these versions.

Other multi-engined AVs such as TrustPort at 200MB and the 4-engined Coranti at less than 50MB are much smaller in size.

In fact comparing Gdata with a wide range of AVs it comes "bottom" of the group.

Has GData any thoughts of trying to reduce this installer size in the future?

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Bitdefender engine is quite big, Avast is quite average, i think it all falls into the signature database, which takes lots of space with those 2 engines. (Usually AV's have around 50mb db's at least if not more, of course there are a few smaller but most are quite big.) :cool:

4. faurdanut

faurdanut Registered Member

Wow super already BETA 2012 :D I start to used from version 2009 G DATA IS, i'm very happy and that i did not have any problems with the sites visited, very good antivirus. ... i love it.

when the English version will be available?

Only one re-alienate, I have 7 HDD and takes very long to finish scanning :|

http://img52.imageshack.us/i/v2011gdatais.jpg/

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

The HIPS will "prevent" a malware's action IF & ONLY IF the user correctly responds to the alerts presented by that HIPS.

Only the user can actually PREVENT. HIPS do not "prevent", per se. Hence, I prefer to use "protection" vice "prevention" as the "P" in HIPS.

However, tastes differ when it comes to monikers -- each to his own, as the lady said when she kissed the moose. ;)

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

True, HIPS is only useful if you read carefully and understand what's on your computer. :thumb:

7. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

and if you understand then classical HIPS is all you need :D :D

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

But then you will need some Noob's TM Patent Pending Pop Up Relievers :D :thumb:

Contact me on PM! :rolleyes:

9. G Data Ed

G Data Special Promotion - Wilders Members Only!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that we have created a special coupon code for Wilders Members ONLY! If you go to our website, www.gdata-software.com, and go to our online store (scroll to the bottom and you will see it), you can enter WILDERS2011 and receive 50% off all G Data products. This promotion will only go on until 28 February, so act fast...

I would like to get the word out to our other members on Wilders so they can check it out as well. So, if you participate in any of the other forums, please pass the word.

My hope is that, with many of you serving as primary decision makers (or certainly enfluencing those decision makers) at your respective companies, that you will enfluence the consideration of G Data's business and enterprise solutions as well. You can get quite a bit of information on our business/enterprise solutions on our website.

We very much appreciate the support that many of you have given your fellow members with regard to G Data products. Please know that many of us here monitor this site and are always identifying great ideas for enhancement that you guys bring to our attention! It is very much appreciated!

10. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

Thanks Ed! :thumb: :thumb: Much appreciated!

11. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

does GDATA use its own in house firewall or is the firewall licensed from someone else?

12. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Registered Member

Firewall, behaviour blocker, guard etc. are developed by G Data.
    Only the pure engines are licensed.

Regards,
    Ford

13. firzen771

ok, thank you for clarifying

14. G Data Ed

You may be glad to know that you will soon be able to own G Data software without having to download it. Beginning in May, G Data products will be available on the shelves of retailers throughout the US and Canada. So, those people still using dial-up will be able to purchase the absolute best anti-virus software on the planet!:) :) :)

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thats very good news.

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Wow, that's really a surprise, seems like they want to hit he US market hard :rolleyes:

Hahaha trjam, you're fast testing stuff :D
    What version you running? IS or AV? :D

17. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

There is "no grass" growing under trajam's feet! He can uninstall and reload like a gunslinger in the old west!

18. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

It's not the size of the retail product which is the problem but the size of the trial version.

Since most knowledgeable users would first trial the product before buying, the problem remains for dial-up users.

In contrast, most average users would just buy Norton/McAfee in the retail boxes or take advantage of the very generous rebates on these two products.

GData have a steep hill to climb.

19. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Will we be able to upgrade to G-Data 2012 for free if we buy a license?

20. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Yes, a G Data license is always valid for the latest product version.

21. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Gr8 thx :thumb:

22. firzen771

so what exactly is the advantage of the "Notebook Security" version of GDATA?

23. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Does anyone still use dial up? I suppose some may have to (no options) but I don't know anyone that does. I live in the sticks (country) and have fiber optics, which replaced cable here about 2 years ago.

24. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

I would like to know that too...

25. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.