G data Internet Security Version 2017

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ripcord, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

That is interesting.

On my test-system, G Data failed several more, see my previous test.

And on my test-system, HMPA does not stop the Streamer test scenario, but it does stop InsideCryptor test scenario, however RanSim version 1.0.2.2 shows "Vulnerable" for InsideCryptor anyhow, which is a bug according to the HMPA developers.
    N.B. Please see my notes 1 and 2 in my RanSim Ransomware Simulator test and discussion thread post.

Your different outcome makes me wonder what your settings for G Data and for HMPA are, and whether these are different from mine.
    Also your Windows version may be relevant. As stated in my signature, I use Windows 7 x64.

And also it makes me wonder if, with your test, G Data may have blocked part of the RanSim test functionality, so that RanSim didn't run correctly.
    On my system, for RanSim to run correctly, I had to whitelist a few RanSim files in G Data settings.
    (G Data Settings\ AntiVirus\ Real-time protection\ Exceptions)
    See RanSim documentation, FAQ, "My antivirus flagged RanSim.exe, Launcher.exe, or RanSimSetup.exe as malicious."
    If G Data silently blocks RanSim.exe, Launcher.exe and/or RanSimSetup.exe, the RanSim test doesn't run as intended.

2. Stupendous Man

Thanks very much, perfectly clear.

3. NiteRanger

NiteRanger Registered Member

Not sure. Just testing the trial version

4. NiteRanger

NiteRanger Registered Member

Hi

See my reply in the RanSim thread

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...-simulator-test-and-discussion-thread.390947/

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  5. Stupendous Man

Thanks very much for your reply, NiteRanger.
    As I replied in the RanSim thread, perhaps I'll test G Data IS and HMPA again, later, using modified settings.
    However, I will not uninstall G Data or HMPA like you did for testing, I'm only going to use modified settings.
    Thanks again.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.