G Data Internet Security 60% off on bdj

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/g-data-internetsecurity-2013/

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The offer is only for Canada and the USA, it seems.....

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Just checked and it is offered for Euro 10.87 including VAT

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

In the address field, I am only able to select USA or Canada in the country list, though payment can be done in Euros. Anyway I'm not buying it, just thought I'd check it and see.

5. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! Took advantage off the 2 yr 1pc offer. This is a Super Solid Offer many thanks acr1965 for the Heads Up! Sincerely...Securon

6. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Fantastic offer. Its electronic so you can buy anywhere. You can also use Paypal

Attached Files:

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

when do these start ticking down?? when they are bought or can you save them for later use?? edit they start when you actually use the lic..

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  8. Securon

Good Morning ! Zfactor...if you click on acri1965...link to the Bitsdjour website all of your questions regarding licensing will be answered. For instance my exisiting G-Data license expires in Jan 2013...and once it expires I can continue with installing my new license. Sincerely...Securon

9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

How heavy is Gdata running on your system and what are your system specs? I remember it used to be fairly heavy a few years back but have heard it has lightened up considerably.

10. zfactor

well installed the suite to test it and for me the deal breaker unless im missing a setting is the firewall. there is no app control unless you set it to manual rules and then even after i create the rules i see no where to simply block or allow a specific app. as well as its def kinda heavy but not nearly as bad as some others. web browsing was mostly what was affected and then opening programs was slower than with others.

11. Securon

Good Afternoon ! Acr1965...G-Data is and always has been ram intensive...I at the moment have a very basic set-up 2 gigs of ram 1.6ghz Intel processor...you get the picture. G-Data needs at least 4-6 gigs of ram and a quicker processor I might guess 2.4 to 3.0 ghz. I'm running as I type a full scan...and it is sucking up ram juice at a thirsty clip. I know in the new year I'll be purchasing a higher spec computer...so it can keep pace with a more demanding app such as G-Data...but the price is right and the product is superb. The rest as we know is History with G-Data...if you're a member of Wilders...your well aware of the Love...Hate...Leave it syndrome. Lol...Sincerely...Securon

12. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Despite different currencies being shown, it's only available to American and Canadian citizens (check out the Conversations at the bottom of the offer page).

A pity as the new version is as smooth as silk on new machines even with both engines enabled in real-time.

13. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I took the plunge...too good of a deal to pass up. Took a while to get properly installed but runs pretty light.:thumb:

14. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Nice deal.:thumb:

15. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

I also took advantage of this deal, as said before, too good of a deal to pass on. Runs pretty light, which I expected, previous versions have worked well for me in the past. I agree with zfactor though, about the lack of application control in the firewall, it would be nice to have more access. I also agree with him about the browser slowdown, in that some pages don't load too quickly, though if you hit stop and then reload, they pop up pretty fast. G Data's performance does improve over a couple of days, time will tell if this is the case as far as browsing goes...

16. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

FYI, there is a way to block/allow specific apps. Open the firewall, hit rule sets, then double-click direct internet connection or trusted networks. Double-click switch to extended edit mode, and you're in..

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  17. zfactor

ahhhhh doh... i wish i found that yesterday i prob would have grabbed a couple lic's i think its over now though. doesnt do me good without any ability to block apps at all...i assumed (and you know what they say) that those were specific rules for the network adapters and not apps. i was doing quick testing to see if i wanted in on the deal or not due to the time limitation i missed this option. however it def did slow me down some for sure. maybe they will re post this deal and ill grab a lic or 2 just to have on hand i like to keep a lic to almost all security apps for testing purposes

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.