G-Data 2010 Products

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teykila

teykila Registered Member

Yes it should be in the internet section of the console along with :

Web protection
    Phishing protection

But i have only those 2. No firewall sign anywhere.

2. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Looks like it's not installed for you. No matter- run setup again and click on the Modify part. If you see the Firewall is not checked, install it; if it shows that you should have it already, uninstall, reboot, and try to install again (just the Firewall part, of course).

Correct installation would give you 2 processes: GDirewalltray and GDfwsrv.

3. teykila

Try the modified, i don't have the firewall option... Only Antivirus, Spam filter and parental control.
    Looks like the trial french version doesn't have it...

Well, the guys of Gdata gave me soem hints but still doesn't work.

So i switched to PC Tool firewall along with GData trial version without firewall.

Will probably buy the antivus version and keep PC tools. I'll keep this config untill armor online support 64bits version.

Cheers for the help anyway!

4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Teykila,after some deliberation on my part I settled with G-Data A/V and P.C. Tools Firewall Plus. So far so good, both are performing flawlessly. I Had G-Data I.S. and apparently their was an upgrade and strangely enough after the upgrade the Firewall component vanished. It wasn't a deterrent in my case because I as stated chose their A/V. But for individual's out there that are expecting a Visible Firewall Presence it's a bit odd, and disconcerting to be minus a critical component. Maybe Ultimate Internet Security in the U.K. can source an appropriate answer from G-Data corporate, because G-Data corporate has an unenviable track record in their response to consumer customer queries. But for other potential users this is of paramount importance. Sincerely...Securon

5. teykila

Thanks a lot Securon. So no point in trying to resolve this, PC Tool is giving me full satisfaction for now.

I will settle for the same setup probably.

6. clocks

clocks Registered Member

It this program "heavy" due to the 2x engines? I was debating trying it, but wasn't sure if I should bother....thanks

7. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well if resource usage is important to u, then yes its much heavier than other products out there.

8. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I gave up on it anyway. I have never had so much trouble downloading the installer, getting it to run, etc.. Super slow download, problems installing on two different machines. I'll pass. Thanks for your feedback on the resources.

9. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well with what like a 250mb download for the installer? i assume it wuld be slow :D :D

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I have a 15meg connection. It took almost an hour to download. Is the DL server on the moon? Then the installer kept giving me issues. So I downloaded it again, on a different PC, and tried to install it. Same problem with the installer. I figured I will save myself a headache and not spend any more time with it.

11. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Teikyla: I had the same problem with the firewall when installing Gdata Total Care 2010. The firewall module did not install. I had to uninstall Gdata, run the AVCleaner that you can find here: http://www.gdatasoftware.co.uk/support/downloads/tools.html and reinstall the program again. Then it worked.

But I wonder if anyone here can help me. I went to gdata.de and choose united kingdom under land. After beeing redirekted to the UK site I choose Gdata Internet security, and purchase. There was an option saying it cost o.oo GBP. I thought that maybe it was a offer from Gdata. After I had mayde the purchase I got a email with my receipt, but no username&password.

Anyone out there seen this offer? What is it? I have sendt an email to gdata support and I am waiting for a reply, but I wondered if anyone other had seen this. I cant use the ultimateinteretsecurity support since I made the purchase directly from gdata official site.

12. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Hi Subgud,

I couldn't go through the entire buying process, you know, I'm not sure what you mean but I could capture the image below where it shows the regular price along with the delivery amount £ 0.00, or maybe you were presented it after the final purchase process?

If it's a valid transaction you should have received their confirmation email along with your un&pass.

gdata.jpg

13. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Funny. I checked in at gdata now. And it is the regular price now. Earlier today, at the same screen that macstorm posted a picture of, it said 0.00 GBP. I had to pay 3.00GPB for the delivery though.

Maybe they have had some errors with theire servers and have fixed it. Anyway, I did only pay 3GBP for Gdata internet security 2010. I have a receipt in my inbox, but they havent sendt me the username and password yet.

14. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Try contacting them then. Use the email address provided in the confirmation message you received.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.