Future of AV's

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tobacco, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Quad Cores? I'm using it since ages at home o_O 80 GigaFlops are Standard these days.

2. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Love the built in steering wheel. Straight off a sub. :D

3. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Hehe, yup
    http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/computer.asp#photo2
    Probably still an accurate depiction of what people thought.

Well it took about 10 years to get from 32bit to 64bit, so maybe in another 10 we'll have 128bit (probably sooner, but unless they make it a lot cheaper people probably won't want to upgrade before then), and I'm sure we'll have smaller and more powerful devices. Things like Palms will probably grow more powerful and do more, although I can't imagine wanting to use something smaller than that, and not all the time - things can only become so small before they become impractical. Seems to me I remember hearing something about light based processors, using fiber obtics, that are much faster, although not as fast as the quantum computers.

In 10 years AV's, and many other things, will probably be a lot more centralized and automatic. We're already starting to see some of that, although I don't think it'll go quite according to the Microsoft vision of everyone having their profile hosted on their servers, and running applications off company servers as well.

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England

Constantly making CPU's on smaller micron cores!

//raises a pint of Beamish stout! :D

6. skrivis

skrivis Registered Member

Are those steering wheels, or wheels for a valve or something? It looks like there's a concentric pair of them anyway....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.