Future Changes to Nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Blackspear, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

If you're referring to the groups in the RA Console, you can use the filter pane to show just members of a group. However, the collapsible tree would be nice.

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Glad to see so many wanting Sygate intergrated into NOD . How very sad . Sygate is decent . NOT great . And besides . What happens to the so-called " masses " if many of them are aginst a firewall . The absolute worst case og inegration was Norton . You know . The " bloatware " . that is where the name bloatware started . I can see NOD doing the newer threats . Spyware and such . But not a firewall . I must agree that a firewall will hurt NOD if they choose to do that . Let us hope the keep a great thing great and NOT follow in the steps of Symantec . YUCK !!

3. stupid guy

stupid guy Guest

Sygate provides security solutions for the U.S. Government and N.S.A. and that means they totally suck, never use their products again because you'll be as vulnerable as those stupid N.S.A. guys. Pardon me, but could you say why Sygate Personal Firewall Pro is just an average firewall ? I think it's better than Zone Alarm Pro. Nobody said that NOD32 should have an integrated firewall just that it could be sold with Sygate (or another good firewall) at a lower total price.

4. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

That IS integration . You choose whether to install all of the options . And Sygate and ZAP are close . The 5 . 5 had some problems . Sygate has always had some problems on it's inbound filtering . Plus , I still am unsure as to whether they have shutdown protection added as of yet .

5. Boon

Boon Registered Member

on nod32 for linux file server:

- have it properly handle (ignore) symbolic links to avoid possible recursive scanning.

The problem is that Windows treats a symbolic link as a regular file or folder. If a link
    points to its parent directory, Windows will recursivly drill down until the directory name tree buffer is exceeded. It appears that the LFS on-demand scanner mimics
    this same behavior.

To avoid this problem, the lfs module could be told to ignor symbolic links as an
    option flag, or with an exclude list of specific files could be read from a seperate file.

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I have a possible enhancement regarding logfiles..

Can we have a logging mode where only significant events are logged?

For instance, when scanning one of our drives with over 90Gb of data on it, I've found 11 potential problems - however, finding those is a pain... scanning through tons and tons and tons of lines looking for the differently coloured lines...

If I could setup the log to only store important information, my logfile would be reduced to only a few line...

Anyone else see that this would be useful?

regards

Greg

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Indeed, I had a thread or few posts on this a couple of years ago...

Cheers :D

8. webyourbusiness

a couple of years ago? blimey... perhaps we can drum up a bit more support?

regards

Greg

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

For instance, when scanning one of our drives with over 90Gb of data on it, I've found 11 potential problems - however, finding those is a pain... scanning through tons and tons and tons of lines looking for the differently coloured lines...

This happens if you have the NOD32 scanner set to list all files.

10. Blackspear

Not ticked here.

Attached Files:

11. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

I would like the old pulsating membrane to be included somewhere. I have missed it terribly in the new version. It was so reassuring.

12. webyourbusiness

ahhh... that makes sense NOW... the description doesn't really lead you to that conclusion I guess - perhaps because it's listed under "System"?

Cheers though Marcos...

13. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Changing systray icon to one more 'aggresive' style, say, a dark color 'N' (like NOD program itself) along with a 'real-time scanning dot' on it...
    Like CA's eTrust AV 7.1 style :D ...

14. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

One thing: when a component like AH gets updated, please display that in the message box / systray popup as well.

15. honeybunny

honeybunny Suspended Member

Yes, a kind of pop up for every changes AH, sign, etc. will be a fantastic idea.
    So everybody could see what's changing or happening in the programm after an update/ upgrade.

16. snoopy42

snoopy42 Registered Member

in future NOD32, is it possible to scan for spyware as well? o_O

17. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

18. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

NOD already scans for some spyware now if I am not mistaken.

Hope this helps,

Chris

19. snoopy42

snoopy42 Registered Member

20. DARMin

DARMin Registered Member

AMON On Execute and On Open
    These are superfluous functions if you have AMON set to scan on create and on modify, except when it comes to removable media. If the source is local, it has already been verified by having AMON scanning on creation and on modification forever after an initial system-wide scan. Then, instead of getting involved in a resource-intensive, overblown solution such as ADS or MD5 tabulation/verification, an option to simply scan on execute and on open when the source in question is not local would be ideal.

21. Blackspear

Hi DARMin, I believe you will see a satisfactory advancement with AMON in the near future, as AMON has a major change coming in how it checks files.

22. DARMin

DARMin Registered Member

THX for the reply, Blacky.

Of separate relevance, I believe the graphical progress meter in NOD32's interface is broken. As well, my Event Log is always full of Update errors.

And finally, if Eset is indeed interested in attracting preschoolers, Eset should release a Junior version. I have high confidence in Eset, but taking to heart the words of some of these users could really work against much of what has made the product of NOD32 SPECIAL. Life is too short for inferiority. Thou shalt do nothing half-heartedly, and compromise never!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  23. Blackspear

LMAO, oh you have to be from this end of the world, I haven't been called that since school. I have blonde hair, and in those days it was almost white, and kids being kids, I was nicknamed Blacky ;) :D

24. g1bz

g1bz Guest

Compatability with CVS and Google Desktop please.

25. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

I believe that's Google's fault (correct me if I'm mistaken). Anyway, their webpage says THEY're working on a solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.