Fullscreen games minimising

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jay12312, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay12312

Jay12312 Registered Member

Hi there have been using eset for awhile and havent really had a problem with it except for something that has popped up from time to time but lately seems to be getting worse. Running a game eg; Dragon Age 2 in full screen it will minimise without warning also have noticed a problem with windows deselecting themselves eg; typing in word or when typing email screen deselects itself and if i'm not watching i can waste a paragraph of typing nothing.
    Now i havent tried it with the window deselecting but after much searching and hair pulling while playing games i started turning off programs that were running til all i had left was ess in my little box not sure what its called sorry.
    After turning off my router and then disabling firewall i played for 2 hrs with no problem whatsoever leading me to believe that firewall was the culprit for taking the attention of my comp away from what i was doing. My question is, is there some way to stop this without having to disable firewall as most games i play require me to connect to the internet.
    Running windows 7 home premium 64bit and eset 4.
    Any help would be much appreciated as i like eset but its driving me nuts that this keeps happening.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Jay12312

Its in interactive mode. Ok after looking at the detection modification have added the few games that were giving me grief. Hope it will fix the problem thankyou for the quick reply.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can switch the firewall to learning mode for a while until all necessary rules are created and then switch back either to interactive or automatic mode with exceptions.

5. Jay12312

Thanks for the replies havent had a problem since i added my games that were giving me trouble to the dectection modification box but have switched to learning mode for awhile as i play a few different games and that will hopefully fix my problem, much appreciated for the quick responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.