Full version not working? $49.99 wasted?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Hippster, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hippster

Hippster Registered Member

Ok,

So I'm up real late last night trying to find a program that will allow me to create another partition on my SATA RAID 0 array. I find Disk Director, download the trial version and install it. I try to create the partition, but the trial version says I can only create a partition of the minimum size (7.844MB?) which I go ahead and do just to see if it works, which it does, or at least appears to...

Happy with the results, I purchase the full version, fully expecting to be able to manipulate the partition in whatever way I chose. Wrong. The full version will not resize, delete or do anything I want it to do with my new, ever so useful 7.844MB partition. At this point, I start to wonder if it has actually created a partition, or if simply assigned a drive letter to the 8MB cache that my 2 drives have (totaling 8MB because they are in a RAID 0 config I think, or am I wrong?)

So at this point, I think ok, I will create another partition and leave the 7.844MB partition alone. I go through all the motions, click commit and reboot, and the pc gets to the Windoze scroll bar once and reboots again, (I assume because the operation is a 2 part procedure) but just hangs on the second reboot. No HDD activity, no nothin for over an hour. I finally reset the pc, all boots normally and I get back to Windoze to look at the log, and it gives the terminated by user error? I certainly did no such thing.

I went the website, downloaded the latest drivers, installed them, still no luck.

I am running Windows XP SP2 on 2 WD Raptors in a RAID 0 config, currently only one partion C: on it, and booting from it.

I would appreciate some some help if anyone has any suggestions...

TIA,

Hippster

2. Coldwet

Coldwet Registered Member

3. Hippster

Hippster Registered Member

Re: Full version not working? $49.99 wasted? Vista NOT seeing new partition?

Thanks for the links Coldwet, as I was indeed able to accomplish the task I set out to do in my first post:)

I see in some other posts that Vista has not been tested with any Acronis products. Would that mean that it is possible, that because I created a Primary NTFS partition on 2 WD Raptors running in SATA Raid0 (New D: ) using Disk Director, Windows Vista would not be able to see said partition, and therefore refuse to install?

The things is, I can see the original partition (C: ) in Vista's recovery options, as well as a 120Gb USB HDD and a 128MB USB thumb drive. I can also see a X: volume, which is not removable, and is around 320MB in size. I can also browse to all the places from within Vista setup, but I do not get a "where do you want to install Vista" prompt.

I click install, 30-60 secs later Vista says "unable to locate information for my drives", then hangs for 2-3 mins and goes back to the Install Vista menu...

Wow, I never thought partitioning a hard drive could be such a pain in the bum...

Thanks again Coldwet..

4. Coldwet

Coldwet Registered Member

Hippster,

I am seriously happy it worked for you :)
    I can also happily report that it worked for me as well, hehe. :D

As to your Vista questions, I have no idea, but maybe someone will chime in with some ideas.

Again, very glad to see we both got it working.

-Coldwet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.