Full PowerShadow 3.0 or 2008

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by torakung, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torakung

torakung Registered Member

please tell me inform URL for download full Powershadow v3.0 or 2008.

:thumb: ;)

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

The English language version does not have a trial, but does have a firm 30 day money back guarantee. See Shadownow.com.

According to Goggle translated pages, the Chinese language version does have a trial period, see here for translated page.

Language is not set at installation, these are distinct builds as far as I know.

Blue

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeh the 30 day money back guarantee is legit. I purchased PS workstation 3 and found it wasn't compatible with my setup so i requested my moneyback and they promptly returned it.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

If it works, it's always a good investment for the future. Pure virtualization : no malware anymore, no troubles anymore and above all no waste of time anymore, IF you use it right of course and are able to keep the devil outside.

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  5. farmerlee

The only problem i found with it is that its pre-boot function cannot work alongside other software that also use pre-boot functions like fd-isr. Support told me i had to use one or the other so i ditched it in favor of fd-isr.

6. ErikAlbert

I never combine two softwares that do a similar job, although some users combine FDISR with Returnil for instance. I choose one of them and stick to it.
    I only have to find the right one of course that meets my wishes as much as possible. Unfortunately my choice (FDISR) is terminated, but still good enough for at least 5-10 years, if it is still compatible with winVISTA. Nevertheless I'm looking for an alternative already, but I can't find one.
    I think Easter combined FDISR with PowerShadow, not sure. :D
    PowerShadow has only one problem, which is the same problem of Returnil.

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

With excellent results! If only imaginary because dag blasted these same softs have one serious flaw in common, they don't protect the MBR, and that can be a major quake on the order of the Richter Scale past 7.0 :eek:

I think Returnil does address the MBR only recently.

I turned loose Peter's2150 KillDisk Trojan last week and that piece of code is worse than a rabid dog running loose in the neighborhood. It's bite is definitely worse than it's bark.

What we need in all security apps/ISR;s etc is MRR/Partition Table protection and allow the user to turn it on or off at their discretion, or heck, just leave it on.

I only need it off anyway when i'm tinkering with the multi-boot ideas or using Paragon to expand and/or shrink my tables.

8. QQ2595

QQ2595 Registered Member

What is the problem here in both software? sorry, I did not catch.

I have both of them installed here for quite a long time. :thumb:

9. ErikAlbert

This is an extreme example, but completely harmless :
    1. Turn protection ON
    2. Install the trial version of Anti-Executable
    3. Then you will see what happen.
    If you still don't see it, I will explain it.

10. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

What is the pre-boot function in this version - as in the start up mode/menu?
    if I remember right I never had a problem with version 2.8.2 and FDISR.

11. farmerlee

Yeh the older versions of powershadow worked fine alongside fd-isr. For the latest v3 they changed how their pre-boot works to make it more secure, as a result it conflicts with fd-isr's pre-boot screen. Fd-isr would still work but it would be slightly crippled without the pre-boot function.

12. ErikAlbert

Also "Baseline Shield" (Eaz-Fix) isn't compatible with FDISR, I had to restore an image to get rid of it. Since then I knew for sure, that combining two ISR-softwares was bad practice and it has been confirmed by PowerShadow v3. One day Returnil might cause a similar compatibility problem like PowerShadow, after all Returnil is changing constantly, just like ShadowDefender, which has one release after another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.